Assault/obstacle course obstacles?

Looking at videos from military pentathlon competitions etc., a lot of countries seem to use a very similar array of obstacles on their assault courses.

For example, most of the Danish ones seem to use a set up much like the one shown in this video (I hate the 'Irish table' obstacle with a passion!).

It's been a while, but I can't remember seeing any with a similar set up in the UK. Are there any?

Is there an standard set of obstacles on UK assault courses? Any idea on how they originated? From WW2 battle training camps perhaps?

T_T

Looking at videos from military pentathlon competitions etc., a lot of countries seem to use a very similar array of obstacles on their assault courses.

For example, most of the Danish ones seem to use a set up much like the one shown in this video (I hate the 'Irish table' obstacle with a passion!).

It's been a while, but I can't remember seeing any with a similar set up in the UK. Are there any?

Is there an standard set of obstacles on UK assault courses? Any idea on how they originated? From WW2 battle training camps perhaps?

T_T

Looks like the Krypton Factor.

IIRC the NATO obstacle course has similar, but instead of ladders its a cargo net.

The obstacle after it was crawling under a cargo net.

T_T
Pah, they've not even had to break the ice first

I imagine the cargo nets were introduced due to the amount of amphibious warfare and troop shipping that used to go on in the first half of the 20th century.
not so much use for them today with assualy ships having landing docks etc. Ladders seem far more sensible these days.

Calimero

Clanker
Only obstacle on an obstacle course is being allowed to use it!

At a famous camp in warwickshire, every time they wanted to use the AC irrc the water jumps had had broken glasses and bottles in to prevent its use, so the fire station would pump it out( capita will now charge for it i reckon) only thing was it was discovered to have fired belly newts or something in, and the shit hit the fan

Troy

LE
It's more a question of how they are used. I would expect soldiers to do the course wearing boots, carrying webbing and rifle, and in a team. More appropriate to challenges encountered on a patrol, rather than a sporting event.