Assault boots have died...

In fact two pairs in as many weeks!
Just done CFT and they disintergrated, fine when I started. Chunks fallen off and big splits through to the inners, all in 8 miles!

Ah, I see you're in the TAs and probably just wanted to tell the internet of your achievement in walking 8 miles at a moderate pace.

Well done you. Take next week off (apart from 2hrs on Tues).

They have a finite life span don't they? Just depends when they decide to disintegrate normally during a cft or just after you finished bulling them for a parade.

In fact two pairs in as many weeks!
Just done CFT and they disintergrated, fine when I started. Chunks fallen off and big splits through to the inners, all in 8 miles!
Change them more regularly.

I doubt they looked completely NEW, did they? Were they 'slicks' but were so comfy you couldn't bear to exchange them?

I buy RM Williams boots from Australia - about 350 dollars US a pair. You can wear them out of the shop they are that comfortable. Robert the cobbler in Northcamp re soled mine a few weeks ago and he reckoned they were very well built.

But then I don't have to do drill in them and bull them and all that. But they do get immersed in water daily and are exposed to tropical heavy jungle and rocky terrain use (albeit slowly these days).

I'm just amazed how quickly they failed, no signs this morning before tab. I'm surprised any sole was left the lumps that fell off, almost left with just my socks and leather uppers!

Yes they are in for exchange, would'nt pay good money for crap boots!