Assassins Creed 3 can **** right off.

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Freddie010, Aug 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone as annoyed by this trailer as I am?

Assassin's Creed 3 - Rise Trailer [UK] - YouTube

Anyone that knows the game knows that the assassins are supposed to be impartial and not take sides but as the games progress it's more and more bias.

Same deal with The Patriot to be honest, that film was just as bad.
  2. I'm quite a fan of the series but certainly won't be buying this one. I wasn't sure if I was overreacting a bit when I told my mate I found it distasteful to kill redcoat soldiers.

What pisses me off though is walking past GAME in the local high street and seeing a massive poster of a redcoat soldier getting scalped.

Ya think it would go down well in the USA if we advertised all over the country a poster of George Washington getting slapped or the redcoats burning down the White House?

It's a bit off tbh.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I think we have to accept that Americans see treason, terrorism and insurgency differently to us.

I'm currently enjoying acts of vandalism mayhem and murder in Hong Kong on Sleeping Dogs.
  4. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Um... It's a game? Don't know if you have noticed but you can kill friendly soldiers in lots of games. I have killed dozens of us marines, sas commandos, and British tribesmen.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. You and me both mate, hopefully they will bring out MW5 miners v police!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Looks like an interesting game to me, but does it have a character for my people? :? You English let us down. You were supposed to keep your colonists east of the Alleghenies by treaty. Ohio was our land. As always, white man speak with forked tongue. ;-)

Indian warrior crop.jpg
  7. Bloody hell, lucky you're not German as I've been shooting, bombing and sinking them with vigor for years in computer games.
  8. You geeky ****, last time I got sand in my man fanny about a computer game was when I wrapped the key board of a Commodore 64 round my head board after waiting an hour for it to load up an athletics game and which subsequently crashed.

Might I suggest going outside and making some normal friends?
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Bit ambitious, don't you think? Let the lad learn to walk before he tries to run. A collection of social inadequates, possibly one with asthma but all with 'will never know the loving touch of a woman other than their mum' written all over them, will see him right.
    • Like Like x 1

10. Yes but they were kraut cnuts and asking for it, we're British ffs.
  11. I own Silent Hunter 3, Hearts of Iron 2, IL2 1946 and Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich. All of which allow me to play as Nazi Germany and drown, Blow up, Burn and kill Tommies and various other untermensch. How outraged are you now?
  12. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

I'm grassing you up to the Mail.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
  13. I don't really have a problem with killing redcoats, it's the way it's worded and portrayed. Making us out to be completely in the wrong. If you guys have played the game, you will know that the assassin is supposed to be totally impartial, in this he appears to be working with the Americans. The view that gamers are nerdy spotty virgins is also rather outdated.
  14. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

I have played the games, and the assassins are not impartial. They are fighting a secret war against the templars who appear in this case to be british. Besides, we pretty much did all the stuff in the trailer right. So did everyone else at the time. Its a game, not a history lesson. Nothing more or less than that.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Well as I mentioned in the OP, they get more and more impartial as the game goes on. In the first game the assassin fights against the Moors and the Crusaders, so it makes me wonder why he isn't fighting the British and the Americans. Can't the Templars be both? Guess not. Just a game though as you said.