Assange about to do a bunk...

StormsInAfrica

Old-Salt
Personally i'd be happy to hold onto him until the small matter of a dead teenage motorcyclist is resolved to HMGs satisfaction.

But I won't hold my breath.

Julian's dear daddy thinks his poor son would be hanged if he was extradited...

robotnik

Old-Salt
Quite wrong. He'd never be hanged. Mind you, he might suffer a freak accident involving, say, the lithium battery in his electric toothbrush. But hey, that could happen to any of us.

Andrew Wilkie and George Christensen, two MPs from Assange’s native Australia, have flown to the UK on a four-day self-funded visit to lobby for his release from prison.

The Australian government has so far been reluctant to agitate for Assange’s release, although Prime Minister Scott Morrison did respond to a letter from former Baywatch star and Assange activist Pamela Anderson saying it was “unable to intervene in Mr Assange’s legal proceedings.”

Wilkie and Christensen are two members of Bring Julian Assange Home, a 14-strong parliamentary group in Australia. Ahead of a hearing on Assange’s extradition on February 24, the two condemned the Australian government.

There's vast amounts of 'free Julian' wibbling on social media here in Oz, with people insistent he be brought back home apparently because he's Australian and thus exempt from legal consequences overseas. There are even a couple of Federal MP's headed to the UK on a privately-funded but much publicised trip to urge that very point to the UK government.

Julian's dad has reportedly received a sympathetic hearing from Corbyn, which should inspire a bit of contemplation given Jeremy's record of late. There's been no news from the US Dept of Justice, so I'd say they're proceeding with the extradition action. The extradition hearing is next week, and will be keenly followed here.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
If Australia want him then let them have him. It would probably be easier for his "accident" to take place there. ;) Just make sure his passport is marked PNG for the UK.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
There's vast amounts of 'free Julian' wibbling on social media here in Oz, with people insistent he be brought back home apparently because he's Australian and thus exempt from legal consequences overseas. There are even a couple of Federal MP's headed to the UK on a privately-funded but much publicised trip to urge that very point to the UK government.

Julian's dad has reportedly received a sympathetic hearing from Corbyn, which should inspire a bit of contemplation given Jeremy's record of late. There's been no news from the US Dept of Justice, so I'd say they're proceeding with the extradition action. The extradition hearing is next week, and will be keenly followed here.
I mind much the same hullabaloo going on in the UK a coupla years ago when some Brit au-pair biddy was found guilty of shaking a kid to death in the US. She was eventually returned to the UK. So why shouldn't Assange be returned to Australia? Particularly because the Septics want to indict him for "espionage".

MsG

I mind much the same hullabaloo going on in the UK a coupla years ago when some Brit au-pair biddy was found guilty of shaking a kid to death in the US. She was eventually returned to the UK. So why shouldn't Assange be returned to Australia? Particularly because the Septics want to indict him for "espionage".

MsG

If his return to Australia is around 2060, then fair enough. But involvement in hacking classified servers is serious stuff, and he cannot be awarding himself a free pass on the strength of spurious claims that such activities can be excused as 'journalism' or 'whistle-blowing', regardless of what Pamela Anderson might have to say about it.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but didn't Assange incarcerate himself inside the Ecuadorian Embassy so any psychological torture resulting would be self inflicted and I'm not aware of being on remand in Belmarsh being responsible for inflicting psychological torture leading to death for anyone else.

Does this mean Assange has a particularly weak mind or could it be because his case is coming up soon and his supporters are attempting to up the pressure?

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Correct me if I'm wrong here but didn't Assange incarcerate himself inside the Ecuadorian Embassy so any psychological torture resulting would be self inflicted and I'm not aware of being on remand in Belmarsh being responsible for inflicting psychological torture leading to death for anyone else.

Does this mean Assange has a particularly weak mind or could it be because his case is coming up soon and his supporters are attempting to up the pressure?
You mean his defence is that he did it because he is mad?

Good. He can be made madder by thinking about the folk whose lives he endangered, and how the rules apply to everyone even if they think they are too clever.

I use the c word rarely, but he is definitely a c*nt of the highest order.

MsG
The ‘hulabalo’ over Louise Woodward was not about whether or not she should be prosecuted in the US or returned to the UK etc, it was about the charges of murder etc - and about the au pair agencies worry of being sued for providing inexperienced au pairs.
She was prosecuted for murder rather than whether or not she caused an accidental death, and had a successful appeal reducing the charge and sentance.

She returned to the UK after she had served her time

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Good. He can be made madder by thinking about the folk whose lives he endangered, and how the rules apply to everyone even if they think they are too clever.
That's correct. The rules apply to everyone, apart, it seems, to the Septics. They committed war crimes and Assange brought that to the attention of the world. And there's never been any evidence that anyone was "endangered". Even in the trial of Chelsea Manning, that charge was summarily dismissed as completely without foundation.

MsG

That's correct. The rules apply to everyone, apart, it seems, to the Septics. They committed war crimes and Assange brought that to the attention of the world. And there's never been any evidence that anyone was "endangered". Even in the trial of Chelsea Manning, that charge was summarily dismissed as completely without foundation.

MsG
Bradley Manning, you tit.

MsG
Probably the worst comparison ever.

Quite wrong. He'd never be hanged. Mind you, he might suffer a freak accident involving, say, the lithium battery in his electric toothbrush. But hey, that could happen to any of us.
If he ends up in Florence (AD MAX) he will be supervised closely and very unlikely to have a fatal accident.

Of course if he has access to the 32,000 emails that vanished from Hillary's illegal server and moves to publish them he is quite likely to be found dead, a suicide by multiple gunshot wounds to the back of his head.

Awol

LE
Just a random thought.. how can Assange be convicted of an American crime if he didn't do it in America? Surely it would be a Swedish crime if he did his hacking from there?

Latest Threads