Assange about to do a bunk...

Chef

LE
(To be read with a French accent)

'And so with heavy heart we bid farewell to another doomed thread and 'eaded back to the Calypso'.

[My bold in your quote] I didn't quite understand any of what I said when I took the queen's shilling (my English wasn't really that good at the time)! I just repeated some words that the sergeant, who was at my side (and thankfully spoke Irish and interpreted), told me to say.

As far as "You can't tell anyone about stuff you see (or know about)". That was in the "Official Secrets Act" I had to sign before I could ditch the Britsh Army.

MsG

You had to sign the "Official Secrets Act" before you could ditch the British Army?
Curiouser and curiouser

Anyway - enough of that - back to thread.....

Chef

LE
You had to sign the "Official Secrets Act" before you could ditch the British Army?
Curiouser and curiouser

Anyway - enough of that - back to thread.....
Good luck with that hope.

You say "get a room" but in all fairness Bugsy's reactions are like a volcano going off because a fly landed on it viz totally out of proportion and unreasonable.
He is clearly a very unpleasant character and that comes across in his postings.
He is also an unmitigated liar which makes his inflated responses all the more risible.
Maybe he just might try being pleasant instead of portraying himself like the arrogant know it all that he presently presents although I am aware that he has always been like this.
For me a lot of his posts are pure bullshit anyway and his spelling is appalling for somebody who claims to know so much more that the rest of us.
I think he's funny...

Ta Daaah!

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I don’t agree with BMB but he has a point of view. He can be a bit of a troll but he’s not the only one by a long shot. Instead of getting excited about him and whether he ever served (I’ve no way of knowing but I’ve heard stranger tales) just point out how silly his points are.

BlackDyke

War Hero
I don’t agree with BMB but he has a point of view. He can be a bit of a troll but he’s not the only one by a long shot. Instead of getting excited about him and whether he ever served (I’ve no way of knowing but I’ve heard stranger tales) just point out how silly his points are.
Then await the huge and vastly overdone reaction that he does every single time.
There is something wrong with him.

Unfortunately, he backs up his 'points' using his extensive experience of
xyz. However, be it his service, time spent abroad, etc, it's largely made up. Hence it's necessary to point out that he's fibbing and that his 'points' are invalid. Cue me me me, you just want to be superior, etc toys out the pram fest, and another good thread goes the way of the dodo.

There is something wrong with anyone who uses that many exclamation points.
TOTALLY AGREE, IT IS THE KIND OF THING THAT MAKES MY BLOOD BOILl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
TOTALLY AGREE, IT IS THE KIND OF THING THAT MAKES MY BLOOD BOILl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[My bold in your quote]

As far as "You can't tell anyone about stuff you see (or know about)". That was in the "Official Secrets Act" I had to sign before I could ditch the Britsh Army.

MsG
Yeah, because everyone knows that the OSA, only applies if you've signed it.
Why do you insist on embarrassing yourself?

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Applies to anyone relevant .However, signing it is a jog to the memory and sure to be relevant to sentencing

Applies to anyone relevant .However, signing it is a jog to the memory and sure to be relevant to sentencing
I was trying to recall when I signed it. First time was when I joined the Royal Observer Corps in 1972 (15 years oldish) and again when I left to join the RAF in 1974, little brown bits of paper. Pretty sure I signed again around attestation. After that I think it was when I got PV'd in 1977 and to the best of my memory that was it right up to and including 'retiring' in 2000. Definitely didn't when I left.

I was trying to recall when I signed it. First time was when I joined the Royal Observer Corps in 1972 (15 years oldish) and again when I left to join the RAF in 1974, little brown bits of paper. Pretty sure I signed again around attestation. After that I think it was when I got PV'd in 1977 and to the best of my memory that was it right up to and including 'retiring' in 2000. Definitely didn't when I left.
Always signed when I started something, it was a reminder! Never ever signed when I left...

Just so @DaManBugs can update his memoirs!
A total c@#nt of the lowest nature.

Last edited:
So a humble member of 21 Field Ambulance, a "medic" would need to sign the OSA?
Really?

It the law. It applies to everyone, bound by UK law. It's not optional if you don't sign it, your not exempt from the consequences of breaking it. Also, unlike a lot of tools believe, it's no big deal if you do.

Latest Threads