Assange about to do a bunk...

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
My money is on him suddenly developing Aspergers and having the lefty human rights lawyers weaponising it to stop his extradition
He'll have trouble proving that - given he'd showed no prior evidence of it.

My money is him claiming some sort of mental condition derived from long confinement at the Ecuadorian embassy. Given he damaged UK national security as well as that of the US, I suspect any attempt to claim a medical condition should prevent extradition will be given short shift. I would also expect the US government to flag they have the medical facilities to treat the claimed condition.

Assange is finding out actions have consequences. Had be been discerning in his leaking of the diplomatic cables, and redacted some of the sensitive information, he would have been able to claim he was carrying out legitimate journalism. Dumping hundreds of thousands of diplomatic cables into the public domain without first vetting the contents seems a clear attempt to harm US and UK interests.

He's going to end up in a US prison for the rest of his life, and I for one think it well merited.

Wordsmith

Offa

War Hero
He'll have trouble proving that - given he'd showed no prior evidence of it.

My money is him claiming some sort of mental condition derived from long confinement at the Ecuadorian embassy. Given he damaged UK national security as well as that of the US, I suspect any attempt to claim a medical condition should prevent extradition will be given short shift. I would also expect the US government to flag they have the medical facilities to treat the claimed condition.

Assange is finding out actions have consequences. Had be been discerning in his leaking of the diplomatic cables, and redacted some of the sensitive information, he would have been able to claim he was carrying out legitimate journalism. Dumping hundreds of thousands of diplomatic cables into the public domain without first vetting the contents seems a clear attempt to harm US and UK interests.

He's going to end up in a US prison for the rest of his life, and I for one think it well merited.

Wordsmith
Aided and abetted by Amil Clooney, no doubt. By George!

Always worth a read about everyone's favourite basement dweller.

Oh deary dear...

Ecuador’s President: Assange Turned His Shelter at Our Mission Into a Spying Den

Can't be too helpful for Pompeo, doesn't his boss not accept that the Russians interfered in the election?

Even though Wikileaks is throughout the Mueller report as being a cut out for material hacked by the GRU (quite apart from the influence operations of the Internet Reaearch Agency) to be released to favour (and at times to critically assist) the Trump campaign.

He has got some top quality mates.....

I have the great privilege of having that twat as my MP :mad:
Seems to me he is being treated as per every other prisoner, which seems absolutely fair.

Brexit touches so many lives. The UK and US will be looking to tie up a mutually beneficial trade deal after Oct 31. If Assange is extradited, that would be a tangible sign of good faith. Releasing the odious turd on the other hand would be quite the reverse.

Releasing him would be a political decision by the Home Secretary. Who, no doubt, would feel obliged to run it past the PM. Who, in turn, is likely to start dishing out fcuk off tablets.

If Julian hadn't been such an arrogant shite, he wouldn't be looking at spending the rest of his life in a maximum security prison. But he was and he is, so it's little surprise that he's losing weight. All his own doing.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Brexit touches so many lives. The UK and US will be looking to tie up a mutually beneficial trade deal after Oct 31. If Assange is extradited, that would be a tangible sign of good faith. Releasing the odious turd on the other hand would be quite the reverse.

Releasing him would be a political decision by the Home Secretary. Who, no doubt, would feel obliged to run it past the PM. Who, in turn, is likely to start dishing out fcuk off tablets.

If Julian hadn't been such an arrogant shite, he wouldn't be looking at spending the rest of his life in a maximum security prison. But he was and he is, so it's little surprise that he's losing weight. All his own doing.
He could have gone to one of our European allies and answered the allegations of rape that were made against him. He didn’t fancy that, so America it is.

Releasing him would be a political decision by the Home Secretary.
Extraditing him to curry favour is a political decision also.

We extradite because we are treaty bound to do so, not to please the Americans.

That's the law.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Extraditing him to curry favour is a political decision also.

We extradite because we are treaty bound to do so, not to please the Americans.

That's the law.
I've always felt that we should extradite anyone who has committed a crime. We should seek assurance that before extradition there is a prima facia case and that anyone extradited will not be tortured etc and will have a fair trial. If some one has committed murder in North Korea then back they go.

I've always felt that we should extradite anyone who has committed a crime. We should seek assurance that before extradition there is a prima facia case and that anyone extradited will not be tortured etc and will have a fair trial. If some one has committed murder in North Korea then back they go.
We don't send them to N Korea because they have the death penalty (Kim has many inventive ways of killing people).

Latest Threads