Assange about to do a bunk...

Assange was pretty much unheard of in Sweden until he upset the yanks. He’s still nowhere near as well known there as he is here.

Sweden has bigger issues to contend with.

Can’t remember the exact details but, I remember reading Swedish media a few years ago and the “victims” didn’t exactly sound entirely honourable.
Whip them! Of course it's their fault. They have no right to say no, if they don't measure up to your standards.

Assange was pretty much unheard of in Sweden until he upset the yanks. He’s still nowhere near as well known there as he is here.

Sweden has bigger issues to contend with.

Can’t remember the exact details but, I remember reading Swedish media a few years ago and the “victims” didn’t exactly sound entirely honourable.
Does not matter whether they are paragons of virtue or pissed up girls. Rape is still quite horrible you know.

Does not matter whether they are paragons of virtue or pissed up girls. Rape is still quite horrible you know.
Er... you may wish to research that assumption based on Sweden’s various classifications of different type of “rape”.

In some cases, it could be as horrible as- offering your arse to a bloke who was an investment banker and promised you a weekend on a yacht but- he turned out to live with his mother and work at burger king.

Er... you may wish to research that assumption based on Sweden’s various classifications of different type of “rape”.

In some cases, it could be as horrible as- offering your arse to a bloke who was an investment banker and promised you a weekend on a yacht but- he turned out to live with his mother and work at burger king.
But that’s not what happened in Assange’s case, is it? So, this is utterly irrelevant.

Abridged from The Specials.

Free Julian Assange
Free, Free, Free, Julian Assange
Free Julian Assange
7 years in captivity
His shoes too small to fit his feet
His body abused but his mind is still free
Are you so blind that you cannot see
I say Free Julian Assange
I'm begging you
Free Julian Assange
He pleaded the causes of the Wikileaks
Only one man in a large army
Are you so deaf that you cannot hear his plea
Free Julian Assange
I'm begging you Free Julian Assange
7 years in captivity
Are you so deaf that you cannot hear
Are you so dumb that you cannot speak
I say Free Julian Assange
I'm begging you
Oh free Julian Assange , free
Julian Assange I'm begging you
begging you Please free Julian Assange
free Julian Assange
I'm telling you, you've got to free Julian Assange

But that’s not what happened in Assange’s case, is it? So, this is utterly irrelevant.
And your opinion on the posting I was actually replying to is..?

In that post, I was referring to the victims. It does seem that what Assange is accused of, is classed as illegal in UK. That is the foundation of an extradition.

What I find disturbing is your wish to defend rapey stuff. Are you Indian and/or do you own a white van and have access to chloroform?

In that post, I was referring to the victims. It does seem that what Assange is accused of, is classed as illegal in UK. That is the foundation of an extradition.

What I find disturbing is your wish to defend rapey stuff. Are you Indian and/or do you own a white van and have access to chloroform?
Are you conversant with Sweden’s rape laws in their entirety , and clued up on how they correlate in English law? I’m not just discussing Assange, I’m discussing the whole. You made a comment “rape is horrible”, by the English definition I wholeheartedly agree.
We were discussing Swedish interpretion in their judicial system though.
Are you Swedish? Do you wish to be?
Do you support any country’s interpretation of law as being correct by default?

Are you conversant with Sweden’s rape laws in their entirety , and clued up on how they correlate in English law? I’m not just discussing Assange, I’m discussing the whole. You made a comment “rape is horrible”, by the English definition I wholeheartedly agree.
We were discussing Swedish interpretion in their judicial system though.
Are you Swedish? Do you wish to be?
Do you support any country’s interpretation of law as being correct by default?
I am clued up on English law. I am not Swedish. Dont be silly.

Every country has its own laws. Accepting them by default is a very odd comment. Of course not. Now rape is non-consensual sex, even in Sweden. Largely the consent can change rapidly. In England, taking a condom off without permission is rape. I was referring specifically to the requirements of extradition, if you were not paying attention. Now if it is recognised as being a crime in UK, then an extradition is likely to be supported. Then let the Swedish legal system take over and have a fair trial.

I am clued up on English law. I am not Swedish. Dont be silly.

Every country has its own laws. Accepting them by default is a very odd comment. Of course not. Now rape is non-consensual sex, even in Sweden. Largely the consent can change rapidly. In England, taking a condom off without permission is rape. I was referring specifically to the requirements of extradition, if you were not paying attention. Now if it is recognised as being a crime in UK, then an extradition is likely to be supported. Then let the Swedish legal system take over and have a fair trial.
Looking back over previous comments, I do appear to have tripped over my own toes.
I apologise.
I was in “argument mode” and ...
fecked up basically.

Bugger!!

Looking back over previous comments, I do appear to have tripped over my own toes.
I apologise.
I was in “argument mode” and ...
fecked up basically.

Bugger!!
Understood and no further comment from me. Apology accepted, with gratitude. You cockwomble.

And your opinion on the posting I was actually replying to is..?
My opinion is that, if he is accused of a crime in Sweden, and the Swedes make an extradition application that meets U.K. criteria for extradition, then he should be sent there for trial. It is not our place to judge whether Swedish laws on sexual assault are macho enough or not. Passing comment on Swedish laws that he is not accused of breaching is pointless strawman creation.

My opinion is that, if he is accused of a crime in Sweden, and the Swedes make an extradition application that meets U.K. criteria for extradition, then he should be sent there for trial. It is not our place to judge whether Swedish laws on sexual assault are macho enough or not. Passing comment on Swedish laws that he is not accused of breaching is pointless strawman creation.
See previous two posts

I thought Bagl0ck worked at MaccyD's though

Ah, I see. Your usual tactic of frantically clutching at straws when you don't have a leg to stand on. I stated that there's not a single shred of evidence that any of those named in the Wikileak documents were ever harmed. You've now spent quite a time frantically scouring the internet looking for proof of the opposite. And you've found nothing. So I was right and you were wrong. That's a bit of a bummer, innit?:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
Hadn't realised it was a contest.

Well done you. Take last Friday off.

The conciliatory and even tacitly supportive comments from the Opposition Leader and Shadow Home Secretary regarding Assange are amateurish and disturbing given that they could (God forbid) one day actually be in power. Abbott in particular should ponder the etymology of “secretary”, i.e. a keeper of secrets. I wonder if she’d accept her own department’s documents being released in quite the same manner.

On a related note, I know how online targeted ads work, but it still seems quite a coincidence that I kept getting this as I browsed the thread – Although he’s not being dragged out of an embassy he looks familiar and has inside information affecting millions of people. Spooky:

PPI.png