Assange about to do a bunk...

Had to chuckle

Revealed: Ecuador spent millions on spy operation for Julian Assange

The Ecuadorian intelligence service allegedly spent $5million on Asssnge, and they couldn't have come up with better codenamed than Op GUEST or Op HOTEL?

Surely Op SABINE would have been a little less indicative, and would have shown Ecuadorian Int has a dry sense of humour?

QUITO (Reuters) - The president of Ecuador, Lenin Moreno, ordered the withdrawal on Thursday of additional security assigned to the Ecuadorian embassy in London, where WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has remained for almost six year. Moreno has described Assange’s situation as “a stone in his shoe.”
One wonders why the additional security was deemed necessary in the first place.
It's not as if we go around breaking in to embassies every day. OK we did it once but these diplomats insist on bringing it up at every opportunity. Every time some wildly unstable, foreign nutter locks himself in an embassy, everyone starts shouting about balconies and sieges and on and on and on.

Ecuador orders withdrawal of extra Assange security from embassy in...

Does anyone really care about him now, wikileaks is passé and he's kept himself in a virtual prison

Maybe the authorities are happy with him there out the way just annoying the Ecuador embassey

The more I see of him in the media, the more I think he should have gone back to Sweden and faced the music. His mental state alone would mean he would be in a hospital and it would never have gone to a full trial.
Most other civilised countries will have their own version of the McNaughton rules.
A strange situation to be in, wasting your life away for fcuk all, a lot like some posters on here in a certain thread!

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
A strange situation to be in, wasting your life away for fcuk all, a lot like some posters on here in a certain thread!
Considering that Assange's non-redacted release of material relating to operations in Iraq and Afghanistan damaged the West and almost certainly resulted in the death of citizens of those countries flagged as having aided the coalition, I would personally be happy if he went stark, screaming mad.

I believe its called natural justice.

Wordsmith

Now when sometime like this starts tweeting he is getting hoofed out.....

William Hill got odds on him being nicked this month?

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
Now when sometime like this starts tweeting he is getting hoofed out.....

William Hill got odds on him being nicked this month?
The best thing that could happen is for him to be arrested, appear before the bench and get the standard sentence for breach of bail (or what ever the charge will be). Then he gets deported to Ecuador as he is a citizen of that country.

Then watch as he fades in to obscurity. In Ecuador.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Considering that Assange's non-redacted release of material relating to operations in Iraq and Afghanistan damaged the West and almost certainly resulted in the death of citizens of those countries flagged as having aided the coalition, I would personally be happy if he went stark, screaming mad.

I believe its called natural justice.

Wordsmith
That's interesting there. So do you have any firm evidence that Assange's "release of non-redacted material damaged the West". What Assange did is to show up the "West" for the willfully murderous bunch of bästards that they are. You call that "damage"?

I also seriously question your assumption that it "almost certainly resulted in the death of citizens of those countries flagged as having aided the coalition". Are you just following the "anti-Assange" vibe, or do you have concrete proof of your bollix? How many such citizens are thought to have died through Assange's actions? Any idea?

MsG

Been chewed over for ages.

Sad to loose your pet Russian disinfo cut out though, are we?

That's interesting there. So do you have any firm evidence that Assange's "release of non-redacted material damaged the West". What Assange did is to show up the "West" for the willfully murderous bunch of bästards that they are. You call that "damage"?

I also seriously question your assumption that it "almost certainly resulted in the death of citizens of those countries flagged as having aided the coalition". Are you just following the "anti-Assange" vibe, or do you have concrete proof of your bollix? How many such citizens are thought to have died through Assange's actions? Any idea?

MsG
Yawn...
Because, of course, every democratic government publishes monthly lists of spies who have been topped.

Yawn...
Because, of course, every democratic government publishes monthly lists of spies who have been topped.
Well, we are publishing the list of Russians ones who seem to fall unwell under strange circumstances.....

Wonder what assange makes of that.

He will be snatched by CIA 'Rendition Airlines' once out of the embassy, and will be spirited away to some remote airfield in England and flown over to Americky to appear at Fort Leavensworth to occupy the cell that Pvte Bradalina Mannering once lived in....:rolleyes:

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer

MsG
You have any proof to back up your "claims", actually any proof about anything you've said at all?

You have any proof to back up your "claims", actually any proof about anything you've said at all?
I'm looking forward to an argument, it like the one I had with him about Mark Duggan.

He's studiously ignored a very detailed rebuttal of his nonsense for years.

I'm more than willing to take him on about Assange.

I would read this first.

This Machine Kills Secrets: How WikiLeakers, Cypherpunks, and Hacktivists Aim to Free the World's Information by Andy Greenberg

A not unsympathetic account mentioning Assange, a he still sounds a tool.

Now he credibly labelled a cut out for Russian intelligence.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Most of what was released was either confidential diplomatic cables or intelligence material. Neither were intended for public consumption. Hostile powers such a China or Russia will have been rubbing their hands with glee as they got their hands on a vast volume of material not intended for public consumption. As such, Assange's release of the documents clearly damaged the West as it gave China/Russia/other hostile powers access to material not intended to be in the public domain.

Assange didn't redact any information in the documents. As such it contained the names of informants/interpreters and so on who helped the coalition forces in Iraq and Afghanistan. Some of those individuals must inevitably have been killed by AQ, Daesh and so on

Assange has blood on his hands.

Wordsmith

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Most of what was released was either confidential diplomatic cables or intelligence material. Neither were intended for public consumption. Hostile powers such a China or Russia will have been rubbing their hands with glee as they got their hands on a vast volume of material not intended for public consumption. As such, Assange's release of the documents clearly damaged the West as it gave China/Russia/other hostile powers access to material not intended to be in the public domain.

Assange didn't redact any information in the documents. As such it contained the names of informants/interpreters and so on who helped the coalition forces in Iraq and Afghanistan. Some of those individuals must inevitably have been killed by AQ, Daesh and so on

Assange has blood on his hands.

Wordsmith
Just because something is acutely embarrassing for the Septics doesn't mean that it endangers lives. The Septics were caught with their strides around their ankles, so they then maintained that the Wikileaks releases caused "untold damage", including making the exhausts fall off all gobment vehicles in Washington. All you've presented as "evidence" so far is vague, "coulda been" speculation. This article is a bit more precise:
Has Wikileaks cost lives?

MsG

Funny.

Embarrassing the Russians does endanger lives though....

Julian Assange, monk of the online age who thrives on intellectual battle
"1,300 people were eventually killed, and 350,000 were displaced. That was a result of our leak," says Assange. It's a chilling statistic,
But the justification was:
but then he states: "On the other hand, the Kenyan people had a right to that information and 40,000 children a year die of malaria in Kenya. And many more die of money being pulled out of Kenya, and as a result of the Kenyan shilling being debased."