Assange about to do a bunk...

Julian Assange is being 'arbitrarily held', UN panel to say - BBC News

There's not much to stop him doing a runner - there was a Police ARV parked up outside the Embassy for while but that left about 4 hours ago. Apart from a very high-tech (thermal image etc) remotely controlled camera on the roof of a building opposite there's no overt 'presence'.

Only her Majesty's media are between him and freedom.

Julian Assange is being 'arbitrarily held', UN panel to say - BBC News

There's not much to stop him doing a runner - there was a Police ARV parked up outside the Embassy for while but that left about 4 hours ago. Apart from a very high-tech (thermal image etc) remotely controlled camera on the roof of a building opposite there's no overt 'presence'.

Only her Majesty's media are between him and freedom.
The plod withdrew their guard a while ago. Today was just a one off. Realistically he can do the off at any time.

I did a search but could see no other current thread since 2015 ... please feel free to punt this one.

The plod withdrew their guard a while ago. Today was just a one off. Realistically he can do the off at any time.
Yes I know...
He can leave but they would see him doing it... the camera is pointed at his bedroom but is fully robotic. Presumably it's monitored 24/7.

I hope local women have been warned of a sex offender at large.

Last edited:
Yes I know...
He can leave but they would see him doing it... the camera is pointed at his bedroom but is fully robotic. Presumably it's monitored 24/7.
Well he would need to go clandestinely. In a "diplomatic bag".

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
If I really, really wanted to save on expenses, I'd have a couple of uniformed plod outside. And I'd have them behave in such a way as to suggest a security vulnerability. And I'd have a couple of plain clothes plod lurking in case Assange thinks "there's no security - I can run for it." Which presumably is why he's still holed up. He can spot uniforms, but not plain clothes plod.

And even if he does make a run for it, I believe he handed his passport in. Which does present a tiny difficult if he tries to flee the country.

Wordsmith

If I really, really wanted to save on expenses, I'd have a couple of uniformed plod outside. And I'd have them behave in such a way as to suggest a security vulnerability. And I'd have a couple of plain clothes plod lurking in case Assange thinks "there's no security - I can run for it." Which presumably is why he's still holed up. He can spot uniforms, but not plain clothes plod.

And even if he does make a run for it, I believe he handed his passport in. Which does present a tiny difficult if he tries to flee the country.

Wordsmith
Agreed but without a passport, police or not after a runner he cannot leave.
Unless he marries one of the staff and gets diplomatic immunity? I think.
Or goes out in a hold all and we know how that ends up.

Here's a guy insisted on the same justice he absconded from. He is voluntarily in an embassy of a country with dubious human rights and now says he is being detained. Come out Julian, old lad. You're a pill of the highest order. We don't want you here, whether the yanks will want you at some stage in your life is a moot point. Better bugger off back to Oz, you sad pathetic little coward. :cool:

Wordsmith
Not really mate, any amount of illegals in this country on false passports.

The irony is that he would have probably had a better quality of life in a Swedish Jail than in the two rooms he occupies in the small Embassy. He'd certainly get more exercise, better medical care and possibly a short release on licence. Of course the possibility of an 'extradition' to the States would be a fly in the ointment.

If I was running the embassy I would have shit of stuff sent via motorbikes, parcels, pizzas whatever

Delivery man comes in, leaves with little change of appearance, different jacket add a viz vest, the paranoia of sending a midget with 12" pepperoni & 6 footer leaving on the same bike would have be great fun winding up the bobbies stood on the steps

Agreed but without a passport, police or not after a runner he cannot leave.
Unless he marries one of the staff and gets diplomatic immunity? I think.
Or goes out in a hold all and we know how that ends up.
Sadly (for him) not. Immunity only applies to those accredited to a post by the host nation. I think the chances of the FCO or the Court of St James doing that for him are on a par with those of Jimmy Saville being posthumously ennobled for services to children's education

What has changed ? A bunch of swivel-eyed university academics have made a laughing stock of the UN.

Our Julian still has an arrest warrant out and wanted by plod for skipping bail. ( and no doubt the fools that assured his bail like John Pilger and Jemima Khan).

If he does a runner, where does he go? If he flees clandestinely, he looks guilty if he gives himself up, the last few years of protest have been futile.

He IS NOT free to leave the UK.

Man is a fool.

What has changed ? A bunch of swivel-eyed university academics have made a laughing stock of the UN.

Our Julian still has an arrest warrant out and wanted by plod for skipping bail. ( and no doubt the fools that assured his bail like John Pilger and Jemima Khan).

If he does a runner, where does he go? If he flees clandestinely, he looks guilty if he gives himself up, the last few years of protest have been futile.

He IS NOT free to leave the UK.

Man is a fool.
I always presumed those who divvied up his bail were well aware he was going to do a runner.

And had to pay up too.
It was a security payable up front not a surety, dopey people.
He does not have the bottle to leave the place, any more than Snowden is going to leave his dacha, both are too vain.

Here's a guy insisted on the same justice he absconded from. He is voluntarily in an embassy of a country with dubious human rights and now says he is being detained. Come out Julian, old lad. You're a pill of the highest order. We don't want you here, whether the yanks will want you at some stage in your life is a moot point. Better bugger off back to Oz, you sad pathetic little coward. :cool:
Because the rest of us would skip merrily into the custody of the US.

The irony is that he would have probably had a better quality of life in a Swedish Jail than in the two rooms he occupies in the small Embassy. He'd certainly get more exercise, better medical care and possibly a short release on licence. Of course the possibility of an 'extradition' to the States would be a fly in the ointment.
I think it's life no chance of parole in a murican super max that is probably slightly higher up on his hazard list

I would give no one to American justice

Especially if the absolute weight of the state was looking to revenge them up

Even incompetent American justice still,fucks people

Check out "making a murderer" on Netflix