Assad says Isreal Had Araffat Killed in Paris

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jonwilly, Jan 22, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Wouldnt surprise me in the least, Mossad have developed and weaponised all sorts of nasty toxins.
  2. I can't disput your statement, but it would be one hell of an operation to take out a Head of State in a Forign capital. We all know the isrealis have done ammazing things in the past.
    No sympath with La Frog.
  3. Wouldn't surprise me to be honest, but Arafat was known to be on his last legs. My first guess would be that Assad is trying to appease Syrian hardliners whilst trying to institute reforms- he knows which side his bread is buttered. We should try to get out of the frame of mind that a state is one person. Anyone who has looked at the end of the Cold War knows that Gorbachev had to tread very carefully within his own Govt- to the point that factions within the military finally attempted a coup in 1991. I say let him have his little rant for now, and give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm pretty sure the Israeli govt will try to shake it off with the minimum of fuss (although God knows what effect it could have in the March elections).
  4. All I am surprised at here is that it took so long for this allegation to surface. And, if they did - so what? Yosser was hardly prime material for sainthood either in his own life style or in the actions of those he commanded. He knew the risks he was taking in taking the pish out of the Israelis. Continuing this option did not make him a martyr or hero. He was a roadblock on the path to peace.
  5. It's not ever day that a Head of State stands up at a public conferance and throughs a Formal statement down like this.
    Arrafat was a terrorist and became Head of State on the streangth of it.
    He ran a corrupt goverenment and was feathering his nest.
    But assasination of a Head of State is not a every day event.
  6. Well, I don't want to split hairs- but from a legal standpoint Palestine isn't a state.
  7. I be partial ta spliting hairs, Parting them actually, but as this is not the Naffi. I conced a point.
    Yosser Haraft Noble prize winner ! and terrorist
  8. This may be linked to Moaz's statement that Iran and Syria were involved in the most recent Suicide bomb and in response Assad is just using a popular Arab 'myth' that has just built up ever since Arafat's final last illness. Even many of Arafat's aides (according to the Arab presses) were convinced that Israelis had poisioned him.

Assad is a modernist there is no doubt about that but whether he believes in democratic another story.
  9. Who cares, Arafat was just a Terrorist in Office!!!!
  10. Strange! When I read that, I was instantly reminded of a certain president and a certain prime minister.

But I wouldn't put it past the Israelis to off Arafat.

11. Natural causes or Mossad/kidon wet-job, either way there is one less terrorist in the world.
    No doubt Mossad, Sayret Maktal and the Kidon will be taking a very keen intrest in the Iranian President...
  12. Perhaps Spielberg will make a movie about it in a few years to follow up on his 'Munich' production!!
  13. Munich is just a remake of an 80's movie called The Elleventh Commandment. There is also widely differing views on wether or not the Op. actually took place. I hope it did, though.