Aspirations to join as an aircraft mechanic

Wrap87

Crow
Hi, I recently travelled to the army assessment centre in Edinburgh and sat the TST. I was a applying for aircraft technician which required 29 points and I got 23.
My careers advisor is telling me too select another role because the maths will be too challenging for me when I get too phase 2.
The only other roles which would give me good stead after military life are electrician and vehicle mechanic.
How hard is aircraft tech in phase two? Should I be considering another go at the test ?
Any advice would be appreciated

Surely, your local test centre is Lipetsk Air Base?

Tommo1999

Swinger
My brother is doing air engineer technician in phase 2 in Navy. He has been studying every day/evening for the last year and says its been hard. Very technical and I think he says its the hardest job to learn. He is just coming to the end of phase 2 now at Yeovilton.

Wrap87

Crow
Thanks Tommo, really appriecate the message. I suppose I could work as a vehicle mechanic earn my stripes and maybe work towards aircraft mech, any qualification is better than no qualification.

FHA

LE
Hi, I recently travelled to the army assessment centre in Edinburgh and sat the TST. I was a applying for aircraft technician which required 29 points and I got 23.
My careers advisor is telling me too select another role because the maths will be too challenging for me when I get too phase 2.
The only other roles which would give me good stead after military life are electrician and vehicle mechanic.
How hard is aircraft tech in phase two? Should I be considering another go at the test ?
If you want to be an aircraft maintainer, have you thought of the RAF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
So, you want to join to get trained for a job in civvy street? I think the military may not be for you.

hotel_california

LE
Book Reviewer
Have you considered studying and improving your maths? If not at college then getting a private tutor?

How much calculus have you done?

Also, who is your careers adviser? If it is school then I would take it with a pinch of salt. Listen to the feedback from the recruitment team - and take their advice. They know what they are talking about. Good luck.

With a score of 23 you are above the threshold for vehicle mechanic (16) and electrician (19) in the Royal Corps of Signals, but not for electrician in the Royal Engineers (25).

Latest Threads