Aspiration to pass P Coy as CSE

SuperDuperMe

Old-Salt
Quick question regarding P Coy as a CSE.

I know there are CS Ops that are qualified but have not heard about CSE having the opportunity. Is it possible to do it as a CSE?

If it is, is there opportunity to work towards being fit enough, mentally and physically to pass and help and guidance on how to get there? What I guess I mean by this is, is there support in the corps for aspirations like this?

I know for a fact that at the moment I would not be able to pass P Coy selection let alone the course however it is something I would like to aspire to once I have passed P1 and P2 and embedded myself in the army.

I would really appreciate any responses from people that were in a similar position at the start of there career.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Yes it is possible as a CSE, there are many JNCO tech posts at 216.

A high level of fitness is required before attempting P Coy but to coin an old cliché, you do not have to be on par with Superman. Not getting injured whilst on the course is a huge factor as you do not have time to heal before the next event or test.

If all else fails there are quite a few non para trained PIDs within the unit too but expect to be mocked mercilessly for being weak.

SuperDuperMe

Old-Salt
Is it seen as a natural progression for those that aspire to it and encouraged? Or will I be up against a wall looking for support.

I'm not saying I'll need babying for it but speaking honestly fitness does not come naturally at all. I have all the will and determination in the world but I really have to work hard for it.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

BinaryWarfare

Old-Salt
When you get to Blandford for Phase 2 training, ask about getting involved in training for the Lanyard Trophy competition. It's a good way of both improving your fitness and finding out if you really have the personal self-motivation for P Coy.

You'll find that if you're not cut-out for Lanyard, then you're definitely not cut-out for P Coy.

Latest Threads