Asked the Adjt over 2 months ago

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Bigt116, Sep 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am very near to my 22 year point, but I have spent some time both in Unit and Colchester jails, plus a little bit of AWOL. Now I realise that I may have to serve extra time to 'pay this back' and so asked my Adjt a while ago to speak to MCM Div to find out how long. My question is..... after such a long time of him not responding to me, (and yes I have rung on numerous occasions), should I now think about a redress ? The Army always wanted me to do my job and fulfill my responsibilities and yet it seems that the upper, (Regimental) echelons are allowed to forgo theirs ?

2. You may get an apology but in essence you are asking the wrong person - this is Coy/Sqn clerk business and if not then the SSA should be speaking to APC......................Enjoy and focus on the rest of your life - its' far more important!!

3. If your not getting any joy Id be tempted to phone Glasgow MCM yourself or even the JPA helpline and get a definate date off of them. Theres been previous threads from people in similar situations of late with nightmare stories of unit clerks giving a discharge date then a few weeks after leaving JPA saying they wouldnt pay the pension as been a few days short of 22 years. Check and double check with all departments as your unit wont be able to help once you terminate and then your on a long road of phone call nightmares with JPA battery hens (or should i say turkeys).

4. In reply to both posts, I did start with the Sqn Clk, who was right royally fobbed off by JPA , I was then told to go to the Adjt who fobbed me off to the AGC Det Cmdr, who then fobbed me off back to the Adjt, (who says that the only person my desk clerk will talk to is the.......Adjt)

5. WELLLL..
    if you didnt do jail time or go a.w.o.l you wouldnt be running around like this would you??

6. Many thanks enterprise, your contribution is invaluable, in fact it is about as valuable as the help my Adjt has given me !

7. Are you sure it isnt your Adjt responding, it sounds like the kind of response you'd get from an orifice. :D

8. Your pension OTT documentation, which you should have received following your election to either stay with AFPS 75 or transfer to the new scheme, should give your end of service date, having taken into account any days spent AWOL/under sentence etc.

PAW

9. and
    maybe they decided to mess you about a bit this time :p

10. I know i might be stating the obvious, but a friend of mine was in the same situation, he had done some time at MCTC, he added the number of days he spent inside ( this i believe includes and days that you weren't paid)added it to his original discharge date, when MCM finally got back to him he was spot on, also the jammy bar person, becuse of his added extra days, it took him in the residual servce for promotion, so came of the next promotion board.

Sparky

11. I DO AIM TO PLEASE.. :D

SERIOUSLY THOUGH..

I HOPE YOU GET IT SORTED FASTER THAN IT TOOK MY AFB 108 TO GET TO ME..

NOW THERE LIES ANOTHER WAITING AND CHASING GAME..

12. Your MCM Div should be able to give you the details of your Non Reconable Service, as above, try your CC or Sqn Clk or even your RCMO and complete and extention of service AF B 6848 asap, this task cannot be done on JPA and remains legacy (unless it's changed yet again).