Ashes to Ashes

mysteron

LE
Book Reviewer
Bet she won't - very selfish of her.

Looking forward to my Gene Genie fix!!

Fire up the Quattro!!!

Sad to admit I know, but being at home for the day, watched Phil Glenister on GMTV :oops:

Anyone know if it's being repeated on other night's?
I'm out most Monday night's,my VCR's bust & I'm on Dial Up & had to bin the Sky+ when I was laid off.
Spike

I enjoyed Life on Mars (though I think they could have got more classic vehicles in for the street scenes) and never watched the first series of Ashes to Ashes. I'll watch it tonight, thanks for the reminder.

Murielson said:
Any excuse to get the Gene Genie quotes out:

You great, soft, cissy, girly, nancy, french bender Man United supporting puff!

Lot's more here: http://mafster.co.uk/space/files/audio/
Sam Tyler: "You're an overweight, homophobic, racist, sexist, border-line alcoholic with an unhealthy obsession with male bonding!"

Gene: "You say that like it's a bad thing!" 8)

"Today my friend your diary entry will read: Took a prossie hostage, and was shot by Armed B@stards!" :twisted:

Just caught the end, guy waving an SLR round, then he got breathlysed by one of those electronic breathlysers..... I seem to remember they use the Bag type breathlsyers back then surely?

Am I the only one annoyed at the intrusion of the flash-back/someone from another time thing. The series would be just as good - even better - as a straight cop thing without the Dr Who-type additions.

OldRedCap said:
Am I the only one annoyed at the intrusion of the flash-back/someone from another time thing. The series would be just as good - even better - as a straight cop thing without the Dr Who-type additions.
It get on my nerves too.

Mongo said:
Yeah that was really weird. What was up with the Princess Di thing?!
Obviously part of the plot as to why she is there in 82 and how she will get back to the present. Pont de l'Alma road tunnel was the location written in marker pen and where Princess Di et al were killed..

'Don't go in like a bull in a china shop'

'Hello, is this the China shop?'

Gene quotes will now be ringtones on my phone for the next few weeks.

I'd never watched it before last night (seen Life on Mars), enjoyed it that much , I've gone out and bought the Series 1 Boxset for the 5 hr journey home today.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Did anyone notice, in the scene where Hunt and Drake go to see the widow for the first time, squaddies in background in Combat 95?
And, to nit pick, by the 80's, C.I.D where not allowed to wander around willy nilly with whatever pistol they fancied. Or any, for that matter. Especially not a BFG like Hunts.

Ok, anorak off now.