Ashes to Ashes - Gene Hunt is back.

As the writers of the the first one said, you just can't remake The Sweeney, but you can do a cracking good parody then think of a storyline to fit.

There'll be extra fifty-pences by the TV meter whilst Ashes is on.

It will interesting -
I thought the BBC un-intentionally made a hero of DC Gene Hunt
They were trying to highlight his arrogant - sexist and homophobic attitudes
Unfortunatly (for them) Philip Glenister carried it off 'to well'
and we all fcuking loved it!!
We all loved his totally un-PC attitude like a breath of fresh air!!

The sandal wearing-Yogurt knitting Liberal BBC have many hidden agenda's and Feminism is one of 'em!
(not that I disagree with some of their arguments)

They could make DC hunt well, look like a right Cnut!
(the wording isn't lost on the BBC neither)
Like I said ..It will be interesting

TheIronDuke

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
WilieCayote said:
It will interesting -
Er, Life on Mars was developed by C4 before the BBC picked it up. By then Gene Hunt was written. The writers developed a warm, engaging character with the attitude of a bygone era. If they were trying to portray a sexist homophobe to meet some hidden, secret agenda, thats what they would have written.

Looking foward to Gene giving it some in Ashes to Ashes

"We see a different side to Gene – a more complex, gentler side, a man with dreams, hopes and fears." :pissedoff: :shakefist:

they'd best not turn our Gene into a raging hermer doing kissy stuff and all that rubbish!!!!

Unless we get to see him in his pants, then it's all good!! :D

"We see a different side to Gene – a more complex, gentler side, a man with dreams, hopes and fears."[/quote]

As it's based in London, I fear that we may well see him drinking Shandy.

TheIronDuke said:
WilieCayote said:
It will interesting -
Er, Life on Mars was developed by C4 before the BBC picked it up. By then Gene Hunt was written. The writers developed a warm, engaging character with the attitude of a bygone era. If they were trying to portray a sexist homophobe to meet some hidden, secret agenda, thats what they would have written.
I believe the BBC rejected it first time - Chan 4 rejected it too - before been rewritten for the BBC

Telegraph
(Matthew Graham, the lead writer of Life on Mars, had the scripts rejected by the BBC in 1999, and again by Channel 4 two years later. After many rewrites, the BBC eventually gave the green light.)

Don't get me wrong - I loved Life on Mars and thought Gene Hunt was excellent - like I said - a breath of fresh air

Just had a read up on Matthew Graham and seems a decent bloke and not your usual left wing script writer that seem to hog our television Drama's
(Richard Curtis - Alan Bleasedale)

I saw the new ad on BBC over the weekend. Uzi's and Audi's, looks great.

"Fire up the Quattro." This is truely the second coming of the Prophet Hunt.

Can't wait mate, I am also looking forward three series to "Strangers" where Gene Hunt is an aging Commander in the mid 1990's, everyone is listening to Oasis and Suede and has stupid haircuts.

He has P*ssed off a certain cricket loving commisionner and been put in charge of the team tasked with bringing in the diveristy agenda because the rest of the SMT think he is a joke, then the whole series finishes ina cross over episode with Between The Lines as Tony and Mo rip apart his career and a load of 1970s convictions are overturned.

Trotsky (the young thin bloke in the brand new reflective jacket at some murder scene)

F

fozzy

Some of the scenes have been filmed just around the corner from my office. Its the pub (called the Griffon) where Gene boozes apparently. Its all original and is one of the last true, unrefurbished 1980's East London boozers. They couldn't have picked a better location!

Looking forward to it