Asda and the helpful lady

So I go into Asda to get a box of markies for my hounds and because there is a large queue I then proceed to the self service till. However it doesn't seem to be fully operational so I ask for some staff assistance. I then notice that the machine is jammed up with some old receipts, so as I start to clear them I'm approached by the lovely assistant, Louise, who tells me she is the "team leader" and that she is really sorry for my inconvenience and would I mind if Asda paid for my purchase by means of apology?

I can't get onto the online Asda feedback department until tomorrow and although I am very happy with the service I feel guilty about not paying. Should I have insisted that I pay anyway? Any advice?

I don’t like to shop at Tesco because it’s usually full of cantankerous old boneheads who talk drivel. :roll:

BiscuitsAB

LE
TheBigUn said:
So I go into Asda to get a box of markies for my hounds and because there is a large queue I then proceed to the self service till. However it doesn't seem to be fully operational so I ask for some staff assistance. I then notice that the machine is jammed up with some old receipts, so as I start to clear them I'm approached by the lovely assistant, Louise, who tells me she is the "team leader" and that she is really sorry for my inconvenience and would I mind if Asda paid for my purchase by means of apology?

I can't get onto the online Asda feedback department until tomorrow and although I am very happy with the service I feel guilty about not paying. Should I have insisted that I pay anyway? Any advice?

I don’t like to shop at Tesco because it’s usually full of cantankerous old boneheads who talk drivel. :roll:

I think............ nah can't be arrsed. :wink:

Quite obviously it wasn't a belfast branch of Asda as they might have sent you out into the cold dark night

TheBigUn said:

The great thing about Asda's Louise is she'll be cheap. ;)

Markintime said:
TheBigUn said:

The great thing about Asda's Louise is she'll be cheap. ;)
And likes a smack on the arrse :p

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
I had a similar experience in Morrisons. Actually, I'm lying - truth be told, they're all cnuts.

Get your dog to chew up a load of chicken grisle, bones and other dog's turds, get it to vomit it up for you, stick in on a plate with some garlic butter and breadcrumbs and bob's your uncle - Morrison's Chicken Kiev.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
A similar thing happened to me when I was on holiday in Twentysevenerife, except it wasn't Asda, it was a dark alley on a cold dark night and it wasn't a girl called Louise, it was two scary guys with thick norn iron accents and they didn't want to pay for my shopping.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Do they sell sheds in Asda? I need another two.

i took a tomato back to Asda once because it was horribly squashed after I had inserted it into my rectum. I must agree that the staff were delightful, very apologetic and even offered me some Clubcard vouchers by way of recompense.

Much better than those bastards at Tesco.

Ravers said:
A similar thing happened to me when I was on holiday in Twentysevenerife, except it wasn't Asda, it was a dark alley on a cold dark night and it wasn't a girl called Louise, it was two scary guys with thick norn iron accents and they didn't want to pay for my shopping.
And me, I fcuking killed the cnuts though. Twice. With this trick I learnt in the Legion..

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Montigny_La_palisse said:
Ravers said:
And me, I * killed the cnuts though. twice.
Yeah, well my shed is twice the size of yours.

PS Good to see you back at the other place, it was getting fcuking boring listening to Thingy turn every thread into a gayoff. :)

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
jarrod248 said:
Thing is you don't get club card points with Asda even on a warm sunny evening.
I do, but maybe it's just because I am awesome.

self service tills? good god! whatever next. i expect the lazy cnuts to serve me and earn their minimum wage. what next? am i to stack the shelves myself too? nope. queueing is the way forward. albeit slowly. at least then you get a halfwit to do it for you. maybe while you are there you can get them to explain to you that groundspeed and airspeed have no bearing on each other at takeoff, and the wheels dont enter into it. well anyway. thats why i choose sainsburys. whats for tea ?

Fcuk me, send him to Asda to get some sodding toothpaste or better yet Home Depot (do you get points there?) to get some pliars so we can pull all his teeth out.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
I heard that the staff at Sainsbury's work on a totally different level. I had one explain to me the meaning of E=MC2 the other week. Mind you, he had to, because I had him in a headlock. My change was wrong.

I had grappled him to the floor using all the choke points I could muster, and then quietly whispered in his ear "Firstly, you ain't seen me, right, and oi know your muther! Now, give me some scientific calculations, or it's off to Morrisons you go."