Asda and the helpful lady

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by TheBigUn, Nov 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So I go into Asda to get a box of markies for my hounds and because there is a large queue I then proceed to the self service till. However it doesn't seem to be fully operational so I ask for some staff assistance. I then notice that the machine is jammed up with some old receipts, so as I start to clear them I'm approached by the lovely assistant, Louise, who tells me she is the "team leader" and that she is really sorry for my inconvenience and would I mind if Asda paid for my purchase by means of apology?

I can't get onto the online Asda feedback department until tomorrow and although I am very happy with the service I feel guilty about not paying. Should I have insisted that I pay anyway? Any advice?

I don’t like to shop at Tesco because it’s usually full of cantankerous old boneheads who talk drivel. :roll:
  2. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

I think............ nah can't be arrsed. :wink:
  3. Did you get her phone number?? :) :wink: :lick:
  4. Quite obviously it wasn't a belfast branch of Asda as they might have sent you out into the cold dark night
  5. The great thing about Asda's Louise is she'll be cheap. ;)
  6. And likes a smack on the arrse :p
  7. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I had a similar experience in Morrisons. Actually, I'm lying - truth be told, they're all cnuts.

Get your dog to chew up a load of chicken grisle, bones and other dog's turds, get it to vomit it up for you, stick in on a plate with some garlic butter and breadcrumbs and bob's your uncle - Morrison's Chicken Kiev.
  8. Which ASDA was this? I have a sudden urge to go shopping :D

Does it have changing rooms?
  9. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

A similar thing happened to me when I was on holiday in Twentysevenerife, except it wasn't Asda, it was a dark alley on a cold dark night and it wasn't a girl called Louise, it was two scary guys with thick norn iron accents and they didn't want to pay for my shopping.
  10. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Do they sell sheds in Asda? I need another two.
  11. i took a tomato back to Asda once because it was horribly squashed after I had inserted it into my rectum. I must agree that the staff were delightful, very apologetic and even offered me some Clubcard vouchers by way of recompense.

Much better than those bastards at Tesco.
  12. And me, I fcuking killed the cnuts though. Twice. With this trick I learnt in the Legion..
  13. Ravers

Yeah, well my shed is twice the size of yours.

PS Good to see you back at the other place, it was getting fcuking boring listening to Thingy turn every thread into a gayoff. :)
  14. Bastards!
  15. Ravers

I do, but maybe it's just because I am awesome.