ASCLB Results

#1
Congratulations to all who came off the board, especially the singular Tech Av who got selected. Mate you are gonna have a hard time cheating on that course! :smurf:
 
#2
All the other Tech AV's are busy counting the 12K some asswipe decided to offer them to stay in.

Next on the hitlist is 30K for TSS in return for them to go MTI!!

Oh yeah well done to those who where selected to attend Art trg.....thread hijack over.
 
#6
baldricksdad said:
Next on the hitlist is 30K for TSS in return for them to go MTI!!
my fingers are crossed!!!
 
#12
VEng_NC(No_Career) said:
The lack of people being boarded is because you now have to be FULLY QUALIFIED to go to the board, another of the Corps best kept secrets!
Only available in Corps Instructions, MS web and from any RCMO on request... not that good a secret. REME desk publicised all those pot candidates in good time for boarding; any pot tiff worth his salt should be up to scratch with what's expected, and if he/she meets those criteria. As an aside, why would one expect to go forward without being qualified?

PS Cpls need not be SCLM qual'd to go to board. Congrats if you were one of the (un)lucky 25.
 
#13
As an aside...

Did anyone notice a few names missing from the your SSgt Assignment Board this time round?

Oh thats because they have been given WO2 slots despite not even boarding on the SSgt-WO2 board.

Of course they couldn't tell you lot that now could they. After all you need all those years in Rank dont you?

From Page 187 of the Crafty this month

The Corps Ethos Meassage

Arte 'By Skill'

Making it work Delivering a technical solution no matter what the problem

You have got to love them.
 
#14
omb,

Be careful with your claims. Your "facts" are wrong and you are jumping to dangerous conclusions.

The way that REME Sldr Wg now is trying to be open in publishing lots of stuff on the web (unlike most other capbadges) seems to be leading to ill informed comment. Without all the facts it is wrong to comment. Glasgow works to a set of fairly rigorous rules. It would be anarchy if they just decided to do their own thing as an expedient. It would create precedents which would lead to plain unfairness.

Perhaps less should be published if it leads to such barbs.
 
#15
okimato said:
omb,

Be careful with your claims. Your "facts" are wrong and you are jumping to dangerous conclusions.

The way that REME Sldr Wg now is trying to be open in publishing lots of stuff on the web (unlike most other capbadges) seems to be leading to ill informed comment. Without all the facts it is wrong to comment. Glasgow works to a set of fairly rigorous rules. It would be anarchy if they just decided to do their own thing as an expedient. It would create precedents which would lead to plain unfairness.
Christ I've just launched my brew all over my desk.

You really need to stop wearing that " I love the MCM Div" T-shirt Okimato.

Plain unfairness is their bread and butter! along with inconsistency, u-turns and blantant disregard for truthful culpability when they f**k up.
 
#16
onemanbanned said:
As an aside...

Did anyone notice a few names missing from the your SSgt Assignment Board this time round?

Oh thats because they have been given WO2 slots despite not even boarding on the SSgt-WO2 board.

Of course they couldn't tell you lot that now could they. After all you need all those years in Rank dont you?

From Page 187 of the Crafty this month

The Corps Ethos Meassage

Arte 'By Skill'

Making it work Delivering a technical solution no matter what the problem

You have got to love them.
I might be wrong but some may have been ommitted from the promotion board results whilst deployability/employability was confirmed. They would then be placed on assignment board (and units ought to be notified of promotion subsequently)
 
#17
I never wear T Shirts.

Have you ever visited Kentigern House & REME Sldr Wg? - it may be an eye-opener for you and better inform your strongly held views.

Yes - MCM Div messes up occasionally, who doesn't. However, having visited there on numerous occasions I can honestly say that all civ and mil staff there are trying to do what they can for the most precious resource we have - people.

Given the nature of the job they do they are an easy target. OCs often apportion blame to Glasgow when they have messed up and want to remain the "good cop". Often they are blamed for DEME(A) and MS Policy as they are at the coalface trying to implement it.

Its not in their nature or in their interests to screw anyone over. All they will get is more hassle from the chain of command of those affected, have more gaps to manage due to signing off. Some of those who complain must realise that in some cases they or their unit are at least partially to blame for things e.g. did not put in a PPP, were unrealistic in their preferences, deserved that C grade report etc.

Preferences cannot always be met and some soldiers are just plain unlucky. You are really sad and bitter people if you really believe that the barstewards in Glasgow are all out to get you - get the chips off your shoulders, man up and make the best of the hand dealt. Otherwise, sign off. The staff at APC do not have the time or inclination to victimise anyone.

Dry your eyes and then use the hankie to clean up that brew :D
 
#18
If I hadn't spent most of the morning trying to get to the bottom of the fuck up that is CLM 2004/2008 and the associated transition rights, I may have given your post a little more thought.

Do you think that was handled well given that soldiers expecting to go to the board soon are still finding out they are not eligible, despite being eligible for previous boards?
 
#19
The recent CLM issue was handled very poorly and REME MCM Div could have done better, but I think they were given a hospital pass in both policy decision terms and more importantly timeline for implementation. This pass came from a combination of inputs and direction from DETS(A), DEME(A) & the central MS Soldiers organisation - as far as I can gather. Not sure if REME MCM Div fought their corner or were indeed directed to turn to the right and carry on.

Communication to the field force re recent VEng changes and the change in promotion rules was also poor. Not sure how much of that was at the door of DEME(A) - most of it I think - but I believe REME MCM could have performed better there too - in communication terms.

Bottom line - REME MCM Div are by no means perfect but I think a total slagging is unfair
 
#20
Fair enough I'll explain all that to my two 10 year served fullscrews who are about to start a mad scramble to do a second JCLM in order to be eligible. I'm sure it will cheer them right up.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
spaz REME 3
C REME 10
C REME 2

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top