Ascencion Island is a lot bigger than it looks

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mr_Fingerz, Aug 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

2. No it isn't... did anyone ever experience the bar at the top of the hill climb to be actually 'open' when they got there?!!!
  3. For what it is worth 'me mams' from St Helena. I know it doesn't relate to the thread thought I'd mention it though.........
  4. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

It was much easier when we had a navy bigger than the next 3 combined - the sea was ours, no questions.

Now sadly the Royal Navy could just about cope with defending the Isle of Wight....... :cry:
  5. But not with an onshore wind...
  6. :D
    Yep every night
  7. hav ethey built a bar at the top of the hill? [Green Mountain]???? The highest point where one could get a bevvy was the red lion up by the farm.
  8. Nah no bar on green Mountain, just up the slight incline past the cookhouse
  9. it was hotter than i thought as well..
  10. am off there in november, any tips?
  11. Yes, don't go and visit this guy's "mam"/sister/auntie/grandma. Probably one and the same!!!
  12. Take your golf clubs
  13. Oh and you have to wave to all the locals - had a Bllocking once from the base commander for not waving :)
  14. and

Yes, take your Osprey, it'll be an Op Tour by the time you get there :wink:
  15. what possible reason would there be to defend the isle of wright?
    there is a stab platoon on the island aka the cousins :twisted: some of them even have the right number of fingers and toes :evil: