Asbo my Arrse

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by the_boy_syrup, Aug 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

From The Daily Mail

Malaysian minister defends caning of prisoners as gruesome video appears on internet
    Strapped on a wooden frame, a prisoner braces himself for the brutal onslaught.
    Within moments of the first blow being struck by the cane-wielding official, the skin on his buttocks breaks and the raw wound begins to open.

Lash after lash after lash follows until his flesh is reduced to a bloody mess. With each blow, the body flinches and there is a cry.

Prepare to suffer: The official raises his cane high in the air to deliver the first blow to the prisoner
    The caning was meted out in a jail in Malaysia, where the authorities insist that it is a legitimate punishment.

However, a video of the flogging has caused an outcry after it was posted on the Internet and seen around the world.

In images condemned by Malaysia's own lawyers, the unidentified male prisoner, thought to be a drug dealer, is shown being struck 20 times on his bare buttocks with a rotan - a bamboo-like cane.

The Bar Council of Malaysia, which represents 8,000 lawyers, has called for such punishment to be abolished and stepped up its campaign after highlighting the video images.

Impact: The prisoner is heard crying out in pain on the video, which has angered human rights campaigners
    The six-minute clip, entitled Malaysian Caning Judicial Corporal Punishment, was posted on, an international video-sharing site.
    "We are against the death penalty and corporal punishment," said council president Ambiga Sreenevasan.

"It's against all international human rights norms and the various conventions on torture. It's inhumane and degrading."

However, deputy internal security minister Fu Ah Kiow defended the punishment. He said the video clip was recorded at a local prison and is used in drug prevention and other anti-crime campaigns.

He would not reveal details of the prisoner involved. But the man was understood to be a drug dealer who received dozens of lashes, as well as a lengthy prison term.

In the video, he is seen being led away after the beating then shown undergoing a medical examination.

The minister added: "The video is a means to educate the public and to show how hideous caning can be. It is a deterrence for drug traffickers and drug addicts.

"Somehow somebody duplicated it and posted it on the website, but it's not done by our officials. It is for education and training purposes, there's no big deal about it."

Flogging is widely used in Malaysia for various offences including drug crimes, rape and illegal entry into the country.

Should bring it in here :D
  2. That's got to be a made up close to "fcuk you" can you get?
  3. Just bl@@dy disapeared??
  4. cant access the video in work but from the text and living there for a year it should be introduced over here specifically for rapists, drug dealers, paedos and all chav,dole scrounging scum.
  5. Sounds an ideal punishment to me. Just one addition. Refuse treatment on the NHS for the wounds. If they want them fixed they have to go private.
  6. Did you get your "op" done on the NHS?
  7. Seems fair to me.

Short sharp shock. Lesson to the others. Cheaper than prison.

and entertainment for those peeps with certain needs :twisted:
  8. As I have stated a number of times; when I have the op I will be financing it myself through a private surgeon. The NHS will not be involved, nor will it pay anything towards the costs of surgery.

Back on thread if you please....
  9. Hope that whip was single use to avoid cross contamination.
    Do you think its a tad unfair having an elvis impersonator doing the flogging....
  10. It's much more interesting off thread. What "op" is this then?
  11. ZXniner - Check your PMs
  12. Ok then I will let you off, you are ok to have a say who should/should not use the NHS....
  13. Fcuk who died and made you king of the castle :x
  14. Shut it you fat lezzer.
  15. Look at his avatar. Says it all really.