ASAP Advice required, within the hour!

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by LM-93, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Okay so I am currently around 2 hours away from my third Army interview with one of the big boys and I'm pretty damn nervous. I have no idea what to expect and I'm really struggling as to what kind of answers I'll give.

So far I currently need to know where my basic training is, my phase 2 training is, how long for and to tell him a little bit about each job

REME - Avionics Tech
    RS - Comms Systems Engineer
    and my recruiting officer changed my third choice to 'driver' so i require info on that, including the official job title, if anyone could help.
    I'm pretty scared at the minute truth be told, and need to nail this interview more than anything.
  2. sorry for the double post, kinda thought this is where I was actually gonna get some quality advice, guess i was wrong
  3. Just sodding turn up and do what you know, be yourself nothing more nothing less just be honest, thanks what we all did in the old days and bugger me it works. All this bloody forum and blog crap was never around and we did fine. You will be fine trust me.
  4. 2 hours to go and you haven't a scooby about anything?
    Google 'the 6 Ps' for all you need to know
  5. Quality advice?

Relax, deep breath, think positive thoughts.

Better now?

Ok so make sure you are washed and shaved, properly dressed and on time for the interview.

Answer any questions to the best of your abilty without waffling lieing or overdoing it.

Then go home and have a cup of tea.
  6. Judging by your planning/time appreciation to date;

Saunter in, place cap swagger stick and brown leather gloves on his/her desk, collapse into chair, swing highly polished riding boots onto desk, and state "now my man/woman, about changing my application to.....Sandhurst".
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

You're expected to be a bit nervous.

Do some revision on the bits you're keen on and get the interviewer to provide more detail for you. That way you're demonstrating an eagerness to learn.

Good luck. Go for a walk and a slash before you sit down.
  8. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Advice required, within the hour.

Demanding twat!
  9. Too late folks, I think he's gone...

Jeez, you'd have thought he does some prep before the morning of interview! My bet is he went and got smashed last night, woke up steaming and panicked.
  10. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

He gave me the impression he is suffering from brown adrenaline
  11. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

One would hope whoever is interviewing him did not have ARRSE minimised at the back of his /her browser. Two hours to go then you brick it and call for an assist from the internet? Is one allowed to use the word '******' in Regular Soldier Recruiting forum?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.