AS90 Gunners

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by Haze, Apr 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening fellas, I'm a bit of a lurker on here like, but just wondered if anyone could help us with a quick one. I've had a shifty round here seeing as the army careers site seems to be a bit useless, but I couldn't find anything.

Basically what it is, I'm trying to help get my mate fit who wants to apply to be an AS90 gunner, he's not applied or been near the AFCO yet so we've no fecking clue what the standards for selection are like. Just wondered if any of you would be able to put us in the know or point us in the right direction to find out the criterias.

He's a bit of an idle bastard but I got 12 mins out of him on a 1 and half miler. So that should give you an idea of how much more work he needs to get in.

A bit long winded for such a simple question, but cheers in advance anyway.
  2. AFCO knows best - end of
  3. Welcome to the site, Haze, and I hope that you enjoy your time here!

It isn't "shifty" - it's "shuftie" as in "let's have a shuftie at this....". In my world, "shifty" means something to be avoided at all costs! :D

If your mate can turn in 12 mins for 1.5 miles, he's doing OK at this stage. Remember that we take the raw material and improve it.

I would question his motivation, or lack of, if you (his mate) are doing the investigative work. How much effort does it take to log onto the MOD's website or, indeed, ARRSE?

As long as your mate can lift and carry heavy weights (96lb shells) for hours on end then he'll be more than suitable! Only joking...

Look in the Regular Recruiting Forum; almost every question you might ask is already in there!

4. Cheers Litotes, I'll have a look in the regulars section. I do agree on the motivation part, but he has got an ex inf brother in law to keep at him so with any luck he'll get him into a decent shape.

Cheers again.