As ye sow, so shall ye reap.........

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Blogg, Nov 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well, well. Sir John is not be the kind of man to be found found pumping the air with glee. Nor seeking revenge of course

But he might just allow himself the luxury of a silent, thoughtful smile.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=RGAO4PB0FQQFXQFIQMGSFFOAVCBQWIV0?xml=/news/2007/11/23/ncustoms423.xml

Sir John Bourn, the head of the National Audit Office, is arguably the man who has done most to bring to light the scandal of the lost child benefit records.

He is also a man who might not shed many tears for the anguish the affair is causing ministers, since they effectively allowed him to be forced out of his job last month.

Sir John yesterday authorised the release of copies of the internal papers, letters and emails that have shed new light on events leading to the loss of the records.

The documents paint a picture that appears to contradict the version of events presented by Alistair Darling.

Their release has raised suspicions in Labour circles about Sir John's motives."

Surely not!!!

2. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Mind you he was forced to retire having been flagrantly abusing public money on travel and expenses - something that of course his office would only be too quick to deplore in others,

3. A pox on both their houses.

4. Cram enough rats in a small space and sooner or later they start chewing at each other.

Mind you, I'd be hacked off if I'd been forced out a job where I could go for a 1 day meeting but wind up spending taxpayers' money on a week in a five star hotel for me and the wife.

5. Blogg said:

The documents paint a picture that appears to contradict the version of events presented by Alistair Darling.

''...twas ever thus...''

Despite all the changes - Neue Arbeit is still riddled with spin and BS :twisted:

6. Learnt the hard way that there is no such thing as a free lunch...and then bit the hand that fed him.

7. Arh, but there was such a thing as a free lunch. He started biting the hand that stopped feeding him.