As the dust settles the Winners and Losers are..........?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by MrShanklysboots, May 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For me,

Lib Dems - where was the Clegg effect?

Tories - I swear Gove was going to have a seven year old hissy fit last night! I honestly thought he was going to scream at David Dimbleby "But its OUR turn." Followed by crossing of arms and a t1tty lip.

DC - I seperate him off because I think he will take a pounding from Grass roots tories over the coming weeks. They ran a very "Central Office" campaign, and the regional parties feel they had better Ideas but were ignored. They are searching for a scapegoat for not getting to 326. Some of DC's close advisors are going to feel the heat.

BNP - Didn't even save their deposits (I think).

I would put Labour, but given the humping I think they were expecting, they haven't done "as badly as all that". At least that will be the word out of Millbank over the weekend I fear.

The British Electorate - Because I think they have virtually guaranteed another GE within 18 Months. But that is what happens when you run a "Big Ideas" campaign when actually I and most of the people I speak to just wanted to hear what would be cut and when.

The winners? Well the BBC Newsroom set looked brand spankers so someone must have been paid to build it.....
  2. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Slightly at a tangent but I became a tadge irritated by the proliferation of 'Liberal Democrats Winning Here' signs around the constituency where I voted. Just for the record, Heather Kidd, you dodgy old Lib Dem slapper: the Lib Dem to Tory swing was 7.8%, you got your arse handed to you and the Tory majority was nearly 10,000. So fuck off.

There, I'm glad I got that off my chest.
  3. MrShanklysboots, you summed-up rather well there. I'd only add that the other losers are the legitimate electorates in constituencies where ALLEGED electoral fraud has been committed. Parliament needs to repeal the section of the Representation of the People Act 2000 which allows postal voting 'on demand' as it is an invitation to commit fraud.
  4. As far as UKIP are concerned... the real winners are the Air Accident Investigators!!
  5. But it IS OUR TURN!!!!!!!

Dry your eyes mate! :x
  6. Opposite to the constituency next too me, Lib Dem had a tiny majority over the Con candidate. Went an increased his majority, and I thought Cheltenham would go Conservative this time round. Odd world.
  7. The winners are all those lying MP's who've still got their snouts in the trough! :x
    The losers, the tax paying British people who are having to pay for it all and who are going to be totally ignored until the politicians call the next election! :x
  8. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

By this do I take it you object to MPs being paid? Or are you making the assumption that they are all still claiming expenses on the same dodgy scale that they were 18 months ago, because I can assure you that very few of them are.
  9. Mmmm...perhaps on an individual seat by seat basis, but polled 560,00(approx) votes across the country and occupy 5th place of votes for thought..??...nobody seems to have put it in those terms..!!..under PR they would have 12 seats..

10. Well informed, Hmm... your not one of them are you? Perhaps just one of their hangers on! :lol:
  11. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

cpunk, I feel so comforted by your assurance, the only drawback is I don't believe it!

These people will find ways of screwing money from the system in such a way that they can claim they are only doing what the payments office allow. Same old, same old - just different methods to get there. IMHO
  12. Actually no M8.. :) ..I'm the the Brit born son of a WW2 Polish airman whose paternal G'Father was done at Katyn by the 'Reds' and a goodly proportion of uncles by the Germans..but unlike some I recognise facts and call a spade a spade.. :D
  13. ??? :?

Sorry, "bluedanubewalt" are you saying you are another pseudonym of "cpunk"? If you are I'm totally confused by your answer :?
  14. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: I've just replied a completely wrong topic..took off my glasses for a moment... :oops:
  15. OK "bluedanubewalt", you had me wondering for a moment! :lol: