As not seen on TV

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by Forces_Sweetheart, Jul 26, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How come Soldier Soldier never featured any green slime?  All the soldiers and officers seemed to do their own stuff.  Does this mean that slime are so dull that they wouldn't give 'good TV'?  How about a special docco just for them- Slime uncovered?

2. So when's that airing then?

3. No the small screen could not cope with that concept.

They did make a film some years ago about the quest for perfect security:  Monty Python's the Holy Grail

"  whose in charge here?"

"  in charge?..  we're an autonomous collective mate"

and we do have more factions than the Judean People's Front and the Irish Republican movement combined.

Coming soon in Imax " How I bored Saddam to death with a 200 page powerpoint presentation"

4. An early series of 'Soldier Soldier' did feature a CSgt who learnt Arabic in his spare time (should have bought a PC instead and got a life! ;D) and then transferred to the Corps. Naturally it happens all the time in the real Army, or at least it used to before pay 2000 screwed up the incentive to do a language. :mad:

5. Don't mock the lingust trade (when it was one).
    OPSI(L)'s last I heard (on direct entry) left language trg at full screws!  Not bad.. less than 2 years out of phase 2 and £60 odd quid a day!

6. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

Isnt that what the borg say??  Yes, mindless drones (no offence DD),  adapting to their surroundings? Hmm.....

7. Theres enough 'clerks' on squaddie programmes as it is, anyway that bird off Ultimate Farce who got shot up real bad, lost loads of blood, needed CPR, went into a coma but was still back in work for the following esisode just a week later is allegedly an Int Corps operator. :twisted:

8. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

I think you'll find that was The Life of Brian! :D

9. I do remember a certain Brig (DINT) thought it would be a good idea to have a documentary on the Corps and it was all planned. I think it was just after the move from Templer. Heard nothing more after that. Probably realised that it wasn't such a good idea.

10. Cameras were definately let loose (supervised) around Quicksands during 98. Never saw the results.

11. I think you'll find it was Holy Grail :)

12. Must be a King - Not all covered in Sh*t

13. Don't know where this rumour started but I can assure you it isn't and was never true.

As for Int Corps being on the old Silver Screen (albeit just the TV) what about Capt. Caroline Walsh who promised Ross Kemp's character 'Henno' in one episode the award winning series* Ultimate Force that she would jump into bed for a bit of 'action' in exchange for a Sig and chance to lose it in Sainsbury's - Thank God that wouldn't happen in real life or where would we be!!!!

*Film Actors Guild Award for Biggest load of Tosh ever made 2003

Attached Files:

14. Tony Robinson aka Baldrick did a TimeTeam programme at Chicksands....well dull...

15. Attentions should also be turned onto the Malta Story, starring Alec Guiness, an Int Corps chap "debriefs" a gentleman that crashed on Malta during the Second World War.