As expected - Cricket whitewash. Hand your MBE in!

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Fugly, Jan 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

?Well there it is, as predicted (by some even before we got on the plane), its 5-0 to Australia.

How any of the England Cricket team can wear their MBE with any sort of pride is beyond me.

The Ashes is a 2 team competition - either we win, or the Aussies do. Australia have held the Ashes from 1987, and we got them back in 2005. The team all got MBE's etc etc. Just over 400 days later, we handed them back, with a whitewash that has not happened since the 1920's

Why do the England Cricketers deserve their awards for this pathetic performance? Admittedly the Rugby team is going through a lot of dramas, but at least we WON the World Cup, and beat more than one country on the way to doing so. The Football team as well, yes we went out in the last 16 but at least we beat a few other countries on the way to the quarter-finals.

Fun as watching the 2005 Ashes series was, I don't believe that years of defeat, then a flash-in-the-pan victory, followed by the worst defeat witnessed in over 80 years, justifies an MBE.

If this were the precedent, i would be in the House of Lords.

2. Geoff Boycott agrees with you too:

Link

3. After the Ashes win in 2005 some of the English players played the fame game which is part of their downfall. Have you ever wondered why athletes from poor countries do so well in individual and team sports? Hunger.

Dating celebrity women, writing boring books, appearing in Hello magazine, always in the newspapers for crap and showing off big patriotic tattoos are not what make a sportsman hungry. Freddie has a big house now were told. If he does not make a living from winning he can make a living from being an also ran such is the fascination these days with losers.

5-0 and only one Test where we were in with a shout.

4. Bloody hell O2, I thought this was a cricket thread, not about West ham :D :D

As I stated at the time (in a thread about sports personalities), a win in a 2 horse race, everyone jumps on the bandwagon. That big thud you can hear, is everyone jumping of again 8O 8O

5. No, it's a West Ham thread isn't it?..lol..... :lol: