As a pleasant result of recent discussions over Insp Gadget,

ugly

LE
As a pleasant result of recent discussions over Insp Gadget, it has come to my attention that we have an Arrsse Godwins law regarding plod threads. There seems to be two main versions of this, one where two distinct camps bth pro and anti plod line up prior to any real bezzering and the obvious one where within a nano second of a post about UK policing is made the "Ugly spectre" of Kent Police rears its head.
So do we have an arse plodwins law?

I've totally avoided copper threads.....Because I don't understand this kent stuff and they seem to pile on page after page

Is it an internet meme, can you succinctly explain it in less than three sentences?

Bouncebanana's wife left him after a session with an asian member of Kent police, now he tries to stir up racial hatred and is obsessed with attacking Kent police.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using ARRSE mobile app

The thing is, the entity known as Bounce Banana offers nothing with his stream of consciousness posts: they invariably follow the style of the casual observer coming up on a conversation that is already a third of the way through. His rants are disjointed, illogical and (to me) offer nothing to the subject of Policing in UK. He offers no conclusions or end comment/observation. Indeed, so loosely structured are his 'facts', my eyes have glazed over by the second paragraph. Once, I went blind for 3 hours, my sight being saved by 2 bottles of proper Czech Budweiser and a small portion of clove-infused home made apple pie. With cream.

I suppose an open forum such as ARRSE needs an Asperger's afflicted subject such as BB, if only for the usual suspects to play with: but the thing is, Ugly, you and the other residents of Olympus have the power to terminate such wibble at a stroke.

The thing is, the entity known as Bounce Banana offers nothing with his stream of consciousness posts: they invariably follow the style of the casual observer coming up on a conversation that is already a third of the way through. His rants are disjointed, illogical and (to me) offer nothing to the subject of Policing in UK. He offers no conclusions or end comment/observation. Indeed, so loosely structured are his 'facts', my eyes have glazed over by the second paragraph. Once, I went blind for 3 hours, my sight being saved by 2 bottles of proper Czech Budweiser and a small portion of clove-infused home made apple pie. With cream.

I suppose an open forum such as ARRSE needs an Asperger's afflicted subject such as BB, if only for the usual suspects to play with: but the thing is, Ugly, you and the other residents of Olympus have the power to terminate such wibble at a stroke.
There's no point asking the moderators to get rid of his posts, they never ever do.

I am surprised we have not had a thread about the recent unlawful killing verdict by the Met.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
I was wondering why we've not had one.

I find it ridiculous that we can have endless 'inquiries' on these incidents many years down the line, especially when it seems they keep going until they reach the 'right' conclusion according to the police hating orthodoxy

There's no point asking the moderators to get rid of his posts, they never ever do.
Nor should they.

He is definitely a contender for the loony bin, and I personally believe that the hours he has spent weightlifting in his home made gym (true) have seriously given him a brain the size of a walnut.

He doesn't subscribe to the ARRSE norm and attempt to defend himself, he never replies to comments on his 'posts' (loose term as they are often repetitive rants offering nothing) regardless of the weight of invective comment that invariably flies his way.

He has nobody in the form of a white knight.

But he is, to all intense and purpose a harmless old duffer, and he is our harmless old duffer. If he was banned he'd be out on the virtual streets causing 'fecking mayhem, so best we keep him here.

As to the pro plod-v-anti plod camps, wasn't it always thus? I am ex Thames Valley and there is nothing, nothing that can be stated here that I haven't heard before. Abuse, getting spat at and eventually stabbed didn't bother me when I was in, and it doesn't bother me now, and if I may be so bold, would be the pretty much the same for any ex or still serving coppers that frequent this site. (Wopsies who stick in a compo claim for tripping over kerbs can feck right off though.)

A Godwin law for arrse? Mindful that here are a couple bounding about already (mentioning boiled eggs in any virtual fisticuffs thread is a starter. "Your mum" and "Cock" are very poor second cousins) I would have to stick with the running 'gag' "This wouldn't happen in Kent" or a derivation of the same, and have it reduced for brevity to the singular word 'Kent'.

It's 3 too many. Oh, 4 too many.
Sorry is your high horse chafing your cheeks?

It's all well and good these inquiries making these decisions years after the event with more info than the poor plod on the ground had at the time.

It's ok for them to say "The police were wrong" rather than "Ok, he wasn't actually going for a gun, but he was still an armed scumbag criminal"

It's not a high horse, I personally prefer scumbag criminals to rot in jail.

I was wondering why we've not had one.

I find it ridiculous that we can have endless 'inquiries' on these incidents many years down the line, especially when it seems they keep going until they reach the 'right' conclusion according to the police hating orthodoxy
Probably because we didn't exactly lose the cure for cancer. The departed was a career criminal, travelling in a car that contained illegal firearms, on his way to rob another bunch of drug dealers. While I'm perfectly happy for scum to kill each other, there's always the possibility that Humans will get caught in the crossfire.

I do, however, agree with his mother that the Met owe her an apology. Something along the lines of, "Sorry your son was a drug-dealing piece of shit who put himself in a position where he effectively committed Suicide by Cop. Have a nice day.":twisted: