Artyfest.

This time last year I was in Salisbury, with my wife, and an ex brother in arms, enjoying Artyfest 2018. Everyone there had a really good day, old comrades met, children were climbing on kit, a fantastic day was had by all. A lot of money was made with t shirts and jackets that were for sale, and the tea tent, had a queue all day long. My question is, what happened this year? Nothing, that's what happened, organized with usual military efficiency, no notice, no explanation, just nothing, FUBAR. Sorry for my rant, but I feel something has to be said, we'll see if 2020 happens, but I doubt it.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

This is my advert

Screenshot_20191020_161150_com.android.chrome.jpg

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
I think the Army has financial concerns which exclude being nice to the public.

I think the Army has financial concerns which exclude being nice to the public.
How can the Army maintain a ruffty tuffty image and still be nice to the public, they're not RAF?

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Is it still possible to apply to see the Arty Demo at Larkhill? It used to be an annual event?

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I see your girly Artyfest (what kind of name is that anyway?!) and raise you one Tankfest which is always ******* superb and always on because it's run by the museum and not the army.

Best bit was when I toddled down via the back gate at Bovvy whilst on a course, in uniform, and got free Mr Whippy ice cream all day and a girl who wanted to learn more about the Single Living Accomodation Module. ******* outstanding.

******* drop shorts, honestly. :D

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Are you thinking of the combined arms firepower demo (rifle up to Air assets) or just artillery?
Thank you Toppet! During the 70s I saw an artillery demo at larkhill, I seem to remember they had a few snipers also doing side shows, but it was mainly an artillery demo.

They used to have Weapons Effect Demonstrations at Warminster. First serial is Section attack, then sniper working it’s way up to 120tk and 155 Arty.

Super WEDs included fast air.

BopBopBop

Old-Salt
I remember going to a firepower demo at Larkhill(?) on a school trip mid to late 1960's.

Our coach was late and we missed a good bit of the demo but I did see three field guns (25pdrs?) that fired in sequence and at different elevations and all three rounds hit a target on a far away hill at the same time.

The highlight was the launch of an Honest John which dissapeared over the horizon. No idea how far it went or where it landed.

Artillery Day used to happen every couple of years at Larkers and was open to the public. (The 1995 event led to my decision to sign off, but that's another story!)
I don't think it has run for years. Artillery fest last year was basically a bit of a fundraiser for the museum move from the Woolwich disaster Firepower, to Larkhill, where its future is uncertain. It was nothing like the scale of the old Artillery Day events.
I hoped to see it become a regular event.

Latest Threads