Artisan WO2 posts

Discussion in 'REME' started by artifisan, Feb 6, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having been selected to one of the few Artisan WO2 positions I thought I would check out the new useful REME MCM div posting plot on the army.mod.uk site to enable an informed decision on my PPP. Imagine my suprise when I found there aren't any!! Unless of course I fall into the pit that is "none recorded" what ever that is. I can only imagine I am now to spend the next 2 1/2 years on a golf course improving my handicap as I did hear that we could be expected to fill some of the vacant RS positions. Anybody know of any WO2 artisan unspec positions becoming available from April?

2. You did not believe there would be a plan surely. You could always do CPD WO at a Bn only to find that some Bn's have binned that slot and use the lucky sole for some other worthwhile task.

One can only see what needs to be done, not what has been done.

Marie Curie

3. Its a REME Bn for you chummy!

:lol:

4. I think it is a case of get on the phone and ring the Bns if you are getting no joy from MCM. Should you be selected to be RQMS then it might be an idea to get a handle on the ammo account before doing your course.

5. :lol: like you think you have any chance of playing golf every day for the next 2 1/2 years G!!

As for a potential CSM, sorry but thats sidesplittingly hilarious :lol:

6. I know a CSM who played golf that much,,,,,, and when he was RSM too,,,,,,,

7. Wow you are one of the ones sent to quiet the Artisans into not whingeing 'bout not having a proper career! (Or at least filing some form of litigation)
    Go where you are sent! You are not needed in any other role other than keeping another carrot in front of the Artisan field force.
    (Well done by the way, its not you i hate but the system!)

Arte et Billy Smarte

8. OK just to confirm what everyone had already guessed at. Im off to Fally. Its a really important job apparently. Ill be responsible for the career development for the whole battalion. Or could it be Ill be looking after all those black box files, dogsbody and gap filler. As a previous reply commented Ill be keeping the artisans quiet (for a while). Career, I had one of those once :wink:

9. Good egg. Enjoy the 'Borstal'
    I hope you can fit in all you need in the last few years and do the PDRs for the planet.
    You aint finished yet, they can still piss you off for the last few years of the career you have left! (You have probably passed child birth age by now so they cant make you preggers either)