• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Artillery YOs - Port at Woolwich

Does anyone remember being encouraged to buy port to lay down in the Woolwich Officers' Mess? I recall it was the 'done thing' so everyone pitched in for a case or two. It was good value anyway and would only appreciate etc etc. Some 20 years later the port would be well worth a test!

ahhhhmmmmm............. no!

......... given we lost Woolwich I'd suggest it's a big ask to expect that someone remembered to take some YO's port down to Larkhill although I do recall they sold some off before the move.

The Mess did used to buy port obviously, to lay down. I went to one Autumn Dinner once when they served 1963 Port for 150. Bloody wonderful.

Latest Threads