Artillery or Logistics

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by MaidstoneKid, Oct 26, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've passed my BARB and have been told to pick three trade options, and im stuck on my No1 being either Artillery Logistcs Drive, RLC Driver or Gunner Special Observer, any help would be great.

Thanx !!!!
  2. Given the struggle you are obviously having with spelling artillery, I suggest that a life munching on a yorkie bar behind the wheel of a big truck beckons!
  3. Gunner Special OP?

If they really said that, then go for that option. You can always drive lorries when you're old and fat, but Special OP is a heck of a first step to be offered.
  4. Go to the gunner forum and look for the Sp OP threads (don't start a new one) for info on the cse and way of life.
  5. Special Observer all the way, fella! Can't believe you're even asking!
  6. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Shame that you didn't grade high enough to be a Sapper.
  7. Drive in a big fat lorry or do sneaky things with ISTAR...hmm? How much do HGV drivers earn in Civ Div??
  8. MaidstoneKid, Maidstone?? Do you not want to be a sapper, especially since they are you're local.
  9. Well Maidstone kid we've been offered pretty much the same jobs lol. I was offered a few but i picked these 3 trying to decide. RLC Pioneer, Royal Artillery Light Gun, Royal Artillery Gunner Special Observer.

P.s I live about 8 miles away from you. :)
  10. msr

msr LE

Drive the ammunition or fire it?

Simple really...

11. hehe good way to think about it.