Artificer route.

Discussion in 'REME' started by one_winged_angel, Sep 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apologies if this has already been done.Ok here goes.After basic will I be able to go straight down this route?I'm intending to be a vehicle techie.I was also wondering if you are promoted straight after the course or you have to do your bct first?

2. Do you mean vehicle mechanic or electronics tech? as they are two seperate trades, Never heard of veh tech.
    You will have to do your basic trade course first then after about four (you should be a lance jack by this time) years after you attain your class 2 you will go back to Bordon/Arborfield (maybe St Athan by then) for your class 1 upgraders course. At the end of this course you will complete your PAAB (Potential Articifer Asessment Board) and if you pass then it's on to the pre-op for your tiffy course. You get your sgt for the duration of the course then two years classroom work later and you are now an Articifer of the corps!
    So it may take on average 10 years from basic training to starting your tiffy course.

3. Vehicle mech.

4. Well that depends if those fun bags in your picture are real, cause if they are you'll probably be pushing for Corps ASM before your first lot of ren leave !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :censored: :wink:

5. wooooo, a female vehicle mechanic, are you a lesbian by any chance? :p

only kidding! perhaps we could meet up and you can screw my nutts for me :)

6. I'm a bloke kilo!

7. Maybe.

8. Hit the wrong button, in my haste, for pleasure.

9. Ok serious now is it a good idea to go down the tiff route?

10. The Artificer route is good if you want to be a tradesman and a leader.

The Artificer route will allow you to continually develope your skills and gain new ones in management, leadership and engineering in a broader sense.

Do not decide at the start of your career if you want to be an Artificer, don't dismiss it out of hand, but also don't turn up at your first unit and tell the OC you want to attend PAAB. Use your first and second unit to see if it's for you.

Artisans (non-artificer SSgt ands up) do a valuable job and have some good openings up the rank ladder now. Both disciplines have a part to play, neither is better or worse than the other, they are just different.

11. Here's the way i look at it. If you like tinkering and making things work stay on the shop floor thats where a Artisan belongs. But if you want to manage people go Tiffy.

The rest is all banter between the two trade routes.

Queue jump or not to queue jump that is the question.

12. Remember we can now go further.

13. Not you big boy!

14. That's why I put "non-artificer SSgt ands up" mate

15. Cheers mate your all heart.