Article about the Det and their beginnings

RigPig

War Hero
Fast cars, slow cars, big cars, small cars, red cars, white cars, black cars, blue cars, etc, etc
They had a woman buy the cars did they?

RP.

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Read an excellent book by James Rennie about the Det. Heartily recommend it to anyone interested.
41QTEDBVJ5L._SX287_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Tells the story of recruitment, training and operations!

Read an excellent book by James Rennie about the Det. Heartily recommend it to anyone interested.View attachment 477740 Tells the story of recruitment, training and operations!
Here is a thing I was told years ago after mentioning this book, but I have never put the time in to verify it. The claim was that all of the major incidents in the book took place over a 7 or 8 year period and couldn't all have happened to one individual in a unit with a three year tour limit. This guy's theory was the book had been written by someone who made it quite far through the training process but didn't actually make it, and all the NI incidents are ones that were used as examples during his training.

BopBopBop

War Hero
******* quick ones. I was returning from giving top cover for an op near Dungannon when two Det cars overtook me! In my defence the cars didn’t have a 20kt headwind to contend with.
Tactical withdrawal.

First car back may have to get out to open the gates.
Last car back might have to get out to close them.

Probably.

Tactical withdrawal.

First car back may have to get out to open the gates.
Last car back might have to get out to close them.

Probably.
After opening the gates doesn't the first car then get the sausages on?

Possibly.

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer