Article about the Det and their beginnings

Not indepth, but a quick read and couple of pics

Fairly decent write up, but bizarre choice of photo to accompany the article!!

Chef

LE
The SRR and its antecedence unit "The Det" are approaching their 50th Year of being deployed on continuous operational service , unique within the British Armed Forces I believe

1973 - 2023

Archie

Chef

LE
Looks more like a REME capbadge to me.
You're right, my mistake. The chap in the green covvys should have pointed me in that direction.

So Phil was REME, good for him (so was my grand dad)

GrumpyOG

Old-Salt
The SRR and its antecedence unit "The Det" are approaching their 50th Year of being deployed on continuous operational service , unique within the British Armed Forces I believe

1973 - 2023

Archie
I think 321 EOD Sqn RLC as they are now, previously 321 Coy RAOC have been operational in NI since about 1971 to the present. The RUC back in the day always said that the last two assets to leave would be Military Aviation and EOD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
I think 321 EOD Sqn RLC as they are now, previously 321 Coy RAOC have been operational in NI since about 1971 to the present. The RUC back in the day always said that the last two assets to leave would be Military Aviation and EOD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
and very last , the sappers

Chef

LE
OK, bear with me a bit. They will have used seemingly normal cars. Were these locally obtained and maintained, or imported and made to look ‘normal’.
Bearing in mind the local issue of VRMs being, in certain parts of NI, very local. And sequential, so trackable by any five year old nipper on the street.

OK, bear with me a bit. They will have used seemingly normal cars. Were these locally obtained and maintained, or imported and made to look ‘normal’.
Bearing in mind the local issue of VRMs being, in certain parts of NI, very local. And sequential, so trackable by any five year old nipper on the street.
Normal motors with normal plates with markers on vengeful if anyone checked. Same as all covert vehicles.

Latest Threads