Article about lady helo pilot in Mail on Sunday

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by MrPVRd, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The article by Capt Anna Cliff (surely "retired" if speaking to a journo?) was a little interesting but a bit too much of "I'm a girlie flying a helicopter - look at this photo of me wearing a dress as well" to be anything more substantial.

Nevertheless I am sure that the story could be enlivened by further gossip or speculation in true NAAFI style!

There is no link because the Mail is tight-fisted and makes people want to buy their papers!

2. I thought that wearing a dress whilst flying a helicopter was positively encouraged these days. Shurley shome mishtake?

3. Only for blokes (boom boom)

4. The Daily Mail also serialised Mein Kampf in the 1930's , but don't let that put you off an otherwise balanced newspaper :wink:

5. Well I suppose if Capt Cliff can make a bob or two then she should crack on, but surely someone in MOD HQ is shuddering at the thought of this possibly being seen as a 'good news' story? Nothing against her personally of course, butits all been done before. The whole equality issue of women in the Armed Forces is brought into question - do we see every male heli pilot writing their story????

6. Only when they're doing something incredibly red-blooded, dashing or heroic.

Or want to make a point about batting for the other team.

7. PTP - LOL

Have met a fair amount of ladies similar to Capt Cliff - shame. Having said that met afair amount of the latter type of gents you allude to and not enough of the aforementioned! Again a great shame!

8. Fcukin women pilot maybe,but did she not have a bloke sat next to her when she was flying just to make sure all went well bit like when your missus drives your car,thinks she can but you know different thats why you sit next to her and watch.

9. Thought i should make a comment on this article as i know this person, she was approached by Army PR to provide a good news story, consequently the blundering fools let the Mail on Sunday have editorial rights and they changed and exaggerated almost everything in the text. Secondly the pics were obtained withoutn the permission of Anna Cliff and she received no money for her embarassment in helping out the Army. Another fine Army PR fcuk up.

10. Would you bang her though?

11. Is Goofyfoot the fair captain incognito?

;)

12. Hmmm, probably the boyfriend.

13. That's nearly as credible as the sh*te which she told the papers. The only exaggerations were those which she told the press. She should be embarrassed and thoroughly shamed of herself. In her quest for fame, she 'nearly' damaged the professional reputation of other female pilots.

Her 15 minutes of fame has cost her what little credibility she appeared to have left.

14. If the interview was embellished, can we expect a complaint to be lodged for inaccuracies. This may lead to the Mail on Sunday shelling out some dosh for the Army Benevolent Fund or a similar woirthy cause!

(don't you just hate charity-nazis?!?:twisted:)

15. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Chaps,
    We've received a complaint about some of the comments made on this site with regards to this officer. I think everyone is in agreement that the article was a mistake but equally I'm not sure that all the comments about her are particulalry necessary/fair/relevant. Thus I hereby declare this thread closed and request that it isn't started again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.