Article 50 Served: And so it Starts.....

I'm saying failure to secure automatic EU membership would not stop me thinking independence a good thing.

That's fair. Given my own enthusiasm for Brexit I can't help but recognise the parallels between my desire for independence from europe and your desire for Scottish independence.

I do not wish to see Scotland leave the union and I don't believe the SNP has a mandate or a reasoned argument but my biggest grievance with the SNP is that they are trying to sell a lie regarding EU membership

An illusion that the EU needs us more than we need them is ridiculous. The notion that the British people have a history that is a powerful force of some kind is ridiculous. Claims that the EU consist of scum and idiots is ridiculous. Denial that brexit is anything but an act of stupidity is ridiculous.

As if BMW and Mercedes are threatened by brexit is ridiculous. They will not loose a single sale... The only change is that those in Britain who can afford quality cars will be paying more for them...and we as an isolated third world economy will not be getting our share of their profit making industry anymore. Get it?

A bit like your illusion that you know what you are talking about....

It's funny how many Muppets think that the EU has secured peace in Europe since 1945.

You've got to hand it to the EU, they're self propaganda is up there with Goebbels.

Is there anything that the feeble minded won't believe about the EU?

Or is it our fault for raising a generation of snowflake halfwits via our education and social systems?
At no point in my post did i claim that the EU secured peace in Europe. I merely stated that i know many Europeans that believe that it is cooperation is necessary for continued peace.

The myopic believe that our former European friends will throw away 70 years of ever closer cooperation for the petulant Brits are utterly deluded.

There's that lovely Barnett formula keeping them in bucky and chips.
Which would end on independence along with UK government revenue from Scotland. Your government would be remarkably stupid not to write that in to a separation deal.

Ah. I see your worry.

Which would end on independence along with UK government revenue from Scotland. Your government would be remarkably stupid not to write that in to a separation deal.

Ah. I see your worry.
No worries for an England unshackled from the dead weight that is Scotland.

You'd go independent, plunge into the 18th century and we'd spend a fortune hunting you chaps down in the border areas before we built a wall again.

Especially after the Shetlanders and Orcadians went independent and joined the UK again.

And when you found out most of your land is owned by American billionaires, Russian oligarchs, and Scandinavian philanthropists.

And you already have a deficit big enough to make 3rd world countries send you aid.

No worries for an England unshackled from the dead weight that is Scotland.

You'd go independent, plunge into the 18th century and we'd spend a fortune hunting you chaps down in the border areas before we built a wall again.

Especially after the Shetlanders and Orcadians went independent and joined the UK again.

And when you found out most of your land is owned by American billionaires, Russian oligarchs, and Scandinavian philanthropists.

And you already have a deficit big enough to make 3rd world countries send you aid.
I'm always amazed on these threads how many of our southern cousins spend so much time, effort and electricity telling us how much they don't care.

I understand the SI unit for not-botheredness is the millioddbod.

At no point in my post did i claim that the EU secured peace in Europe. I merely stated that i know many Europeans that believe that it is cooperation is necessary for continued peace. The myopic believe that our former European friends will throw away 70 years of ever closer cooperation for the petulant Brits are utterly deluded.
That'll be your boxhead mates then? That's seventy years' worth of state-sanctioned guilt trip and being brainwashed by lefty federalists that a 4th Reich is the final and only solution. Communism with a blue flag.

I'm always amazed on these threads how many of our southern cousins spend so much time, effort and electricity telling us how much they don't care.

I am bothered.

No idea, why. But I'd like you guys to hang around, if only for your own benefit.

In the future, if you still want to go, then go for it. But at the moment you've got a bunch of singularly focused people determined to reach their goal no matter what.

And, no, it isn't like Brexit.

At no point in my post did i claim that the EU secured peace in Europe. I merely stated that i know many Europeans that believe that it is cooperation is necessary for continued peace.

The myopic believe that our former European friends will throw away 70 years of ever closer cooperation for the petulant Brits are utterly deluded.
Some limited parallels with 1913 -Eve of War by Paul Ham.

One is FREEEEEEEEDOM, the other is nimby xenophobia.

That'll be your boxhead mates then? That's seventy years' worth of state-sanctioned guilt trip and being brainwashed by lefty federalists that a 4th Reich is the final and only solution. Communism with a blue flag.
You do realise that the past 70 years are an abberation in the history of Europe.

NATO is the biggest factor and the common threat of Russia.

The closer integration of Europe through the EU and other initiatives is my opinion another important factor.

Just because countries have a common threat does not always prevent them from fighting amongst themselves

I contend that unless Germany and France actually vote in these far right nationalist parties this year, divide and conquer negotiation tactics by TM will not work and hard brexit is the only possible outcome.

This sounds like a recipe for a chaotic disaster IMO. Hence my frequent proclaimations of doom :)

One of my principal objections to Scots Nationalism is that it assumes that Southerners represent entirely England/Wales and Northern Ireland.

They don't.

One is FREEEEEEEEDOM, the other is nimby xenophobia.
That's lovely.

Tell you what, why don't I stick your post to the fridge door, right where I can see it? That way, I can look at it every time I go past, can't I?