Artic Convoy veteran (aged 86) imprisoned by Judge for recording in court

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
I've just had a look at his blog and have concluded that he's the southern Peter Dow. Consequently I am failing mightily to give a toss or be suitably outraged.

Sorry.

Guilty as charged, I gaurantee his supposrters are not telling the whole truth.

Cantankerous old **** obviously wound the judge up out of his tree and having a single cell does not solitary confinement make.

Mind you I think contempt sentences like this are aerved in full.

Still no signature from me, tho.

Er, why is recording in court such a big deal?

Isn't everything recorded anyway?

And WHY is he in nick? Prison should be for those who need removing from society to keep the citizens safe... not for someone like this, 82 year old cantankerous sod or not.

Waste of a prison space, waste of money.

I've met this guy, trust me this is where he belongs he is a ****ing raving lunatic. In 2001 he was jailed for six years for going after
a baliff with a chainsaw

I've met this guy, trust me this is where he belongs he is a ****ing raving lunatic. In 2001 he was jailed for six years for going after
a baliff with a chainsaw
What relevance does his previous jail term have in his current incarcaration?

If he is a raving lunatic is prison the best place for hiim?

A veteran of a convoy of articulated lorries? Now I'm confused.

a baliff with a chainsaw
He's also been in asylums as well
Newton Lodge MSU, from which he was discharged 5 years ago...

And you've put a profile together to spread the word about what, exactly?

I agree with chocolate frog (which I believe is a first). If he's not safe in the community he needs to be kept safe; the Big House in Leeds isn't the place.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
The man is a ********. He got what he deserved.

no just google norman scarth, it's all there
Agreed mate, but this current incarceration is for 6 months for "contempt in the face of the Court", in which he "displayed utter contempt for all lawyers and judges" - he's allowed to do the second of those, but not the first. 6 months for what he did is heavy indeed.

he was put in jail for 24hrs, the following day the judge asked him to appear before him and hand over the recording he refused
to do both and that's when he got the 6 months contempt

Agreed mate, but this current incarceration is for 6 months for "contempt in the face of the Court", in which he "displayed utter contempt for all lawyers and judges" - he's allowed to do the second of those, but not the first. 6 months for what he did is heavy indeed.
We don't know what previous encounters he has had with courts, his blog certainly seems to show no respect whatsoever for the court process, perhaps he had received a number of warnings for contempt prior to this incident.

Whatever way it was, he is a total plonker and deserves what he got.

T

trowel

I`ll hazard a guess that it is getting to the state where the"law abiding" public have nothing but contempt for the legal eagles.

all this began when he stood for bradford council and lost then he sued the council and lost that, then he took the magistrate court to
leeds crowncourt and lost yet again, he's banned from bradford town hall all council functions, although he got into the veterans lunch
last year and started to abuse all council members there my mate escourted him out and was then accused of assualt

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Current Affairs, News and Analysis 61
Flyingrockdj RAC 73
G Aviation 11