Arthur Labinjo-Hughes - How do we stop child abuse / neglect in the UK?

How do we stop child abuse / neglect in the UK?

• Stop foreign aid spend, put the money back into UK education, health, social services, etc

Votes: 66 66.7%
  • Anyone wanting to be a parent needs to pass a mandatory training and education course in parenting

Votes: 40 40.4%
  • People with drug / alcohol addictions are prohibited from having a child

Votes: 64 64.6%
  • People with criminal records of 'high tariff' crimes are prohibited from having a child

Votes: 40 40.4%
  • Raise taxes to increase spend to education, health, social services, etc

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • A mentor for every child - every child has a mentor until they are 18 as a point of support etc

Votes: 9 9.1%

• Total voters
Actually that is something I have been very lucky with.
The old community's that had existed for decades, with all the local knowledge, and inter family marriages that were part and parcel of ordinary working folk, were the backbone of their local areas, every family had "Aunties" in reality neighbors and friends of mum, who kept a beady out for any young tearaways on the manor, and if Mrs smith was having a hard time, they all rallied around and sorted out the problem. What started the demise of these self contained little urban villages was the Luftwaffe, when large swathes of homes and streets vanished , many family's were moved out to the new towns, basildon, Crawley Etc and the community's were split up.

Today some 80 years later, there are still some small islands of calm and order, manned by people like my mother, 90 years old, but the mindset of knowing who your next door neighbour is, their kids, and to some extent their personal lives today is frowned upon.People relish their security, and don't really mix any more, and in reality, couldn't give a toss about her across the street, or her kids, the consequence is no community cohesion.

Every street has a "News at ten" its human nature, but one pair of ears and eyes is no match for the dozens of ears and eyes that kept check, and castigated little johnny for throwing stones, then grabbing him by the scruff of the neck and dragging him home to be met by a furious mum, who you knew would read him his fortune. Try that today and you end up in court. The past is a different place, they did things differently there..

Its not my problem
I don't want to get involved
Someone else can deal with it....police...social services....prison....probation service.......hospital..........Undertakers.

Last edited:

syrup

LE
I know it's the Daily Mail but it illustrates the story of the murder of baby Teddi, part one shown on C4 tonight on 24 hours in police custody. I hope he doesn't ever come out upright, the 'mother' as well.

I have to say I thought the police handled that piece of scum excellently.

When he was pontificating about his rights and getting into the car I would have folded him like a penknife and made him fit.

I hope his new mates in prison got to see it and someone is playing slam dunk with his head now
Twat moaning to the Police about his injuries after what he'd inflicted on a helpless child

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
I have to say I thought the police handled that piece of scum excellently.

When he was pontificating about his rights and getting into the car I would have folded him like a penknife and made him fit.

I hope his new mates in prison got to see it and someone is playing slam dunk with his head now
Twat moaning to the Police about his injuries after what he'd inflicted on a helpless child
Agreed.

The way that prick spouted off about his rights, I would've loved to just baton him in the guts, fold him up and give him a little tase in the balls just for giggles.

My wife commented that British police are the politest and fairest she's ever seen. In Mexico, as soon as the baby killer opened his gob, he would've been spitting teeth like Chiclets.

That bitch he was with deserved more than the 18-month community order as well, even if she was a battered wife. "Teddie was the most important thing in the world to me," well, he wasn't was he? Your boyfriend killed him, punched and abused your other kids and you let him do it.

Star Hobsons mothers sentence increased from 8 to 12 years.

BBC News - Star Hobson murder: Frankie Smith's sentence increased to 12 years
Is that it, a mere 4 years added on, how about the rest of her natural, she took a life in a sadistic way so should never see the light of day again. Pathetic.

HE117

LE
This is one of the many Elephants standing in the room of modern society that simply gets bigger each decade. The issue here is that the costs and benefits of having children in a modern society have become incredibly distorted as a result of the development of birth control and the industrialisation of social services.

We are in the ridiculous position where families who are best placed to raise happy, capable children are at a disadvantage because of modern equality legislation making it hard to find the time and space to properly raise children, yet the feckless and chaotic elements of society are actually incentivised to have children in conditions which they really should not. Futher than this there is a significant element in society which actually exists and is sustained by the work they do in dealing with the existential chaos, and in many ways is involved in creating and sustaining it!

Just as this mess has taken a considerable time to accumulate, I would suggest that there is no quick fix in solving it either. We do however need to find some mechanism to try and pry the population off their addiction (and it IS an addiction) to "welfare" which in it's current form is creating more problems than it is solving. If only we could persuade society that the welfare problem (both in terms of numbers and health) is as serious, if not more so, than the "Environmental" problem! In reality they are probably both the same problem...

The environmental costs of welfare are staggering.. look at the amount of energy, carbon, plastic and cash that goes into the maw of the Health and welfare industries.. A neigbour of ours who is a "health professional" goes through industrial quantities of throwaway "Health Tat" and has twice the number of bins than anyone in the street.. the downwind smell of bleach etc gets quite overpowering...! The standard welfare argument that "cost is not an issue, and there must be no limits to the efforts that must be made to undo the stupidity and malice of others NEEDS TO STOP!"

We need to sanction idiotic behaviour and set limits realistic limits to moronity! I hate to say it, but we need to find some way in which we can inject a level of realistic fear into the western population that unwise actions wll lead to unpleasant consequences.

Work houses did not appear by accident!

Ritch

LE
Another terrific decision by the Parole board.
I'm glad the Home Office are trying to intervene.

I heard someone today argue that it was time she was released as - in their own words - "it wasn't as if she killed the kid herself". I had a hard time keeping my opinion to myself.

I'm glad the Home Office are trying to intervene.

I heard someone today argue that it was time she was released as - in their own words - "it wasn't as if she killed the kid herself". I had a hard time keeping my opinion to myself.
You've got greater self control than me. I'd have had a hard time keeping my fist to myself.

Ritch

LE
You've got greater self control than me. I'd have had a hard time keeping my fist to myself.

Aye, it was a tad difficult. In my opinion, she was a huge part in the little lads death and she deserves to rot inside.

Aye, it was a tad difficult. In my opinion, she was a huge part in the little lads death and she deserves to rot inside.
She already is rotted inside, morally and spiritually. And she ought to have no chance of release.

I usually try not to get aerated over these kind of decisions for the sake of my blood pressure, but this one has got me boiling mad. What the feck are HM Prison Service thinking of?

I'd have hanged her and had done with.

What makes me angry about this case, is that Tracey Connelly was on social service's books from the age of 11. Proper intervention, might have transformed her life and made her into a decent, functional human being.

Ritch

LE
I'd have hanged her and had done with.

What makes me angry about this case, is that Tracey Connelly was on social service's books from the age of 11. Proper intervention, might have transformed her life and made her into a decent, functional human being.
I agree.

Now, she is like Shannon Matthews' mother, utterly worthless to society and should have seen the end of a rope.

I agree.

Now, she is like Shannon Matthews' mother, utterly worthless to society and should have seen the end of a rope.

I have a mental image of Tracey Connelly, drinking a brew and planning her future on the back of a fag packet.

"Well I'm only 42 innit. I can have another kid and do it right this time...make up for everything that went wrong with - you know - the other one. Get a new identity, and a good social worker who'll help me with the benefits 'n that...".

I may be doing her an injustice. She might be a born again Christian with an OU degree and an urge to live a life of quiet atonement, but I somehow doubt it.

What baffles me, is why didn't she take the child into Social Services and say she couldn't cope, hated him, wanted him out of her life ?

The poor little soul could have been adopted/ fostered, had a good loving life with a decent family, and she could have resumed her futile squalid life, without the inconvenience of time in jail ?

Ritch

LE
I have a mental image of Tracey Connelly, drinking a brew and planning her future on the back of a fag packet.

"Well I'm only 42 innit. I can have another kid and do it right this time...make up for everything that went wrong with - you know - the other one. Get a new identity, and a good social worker who'll help me with the benefits 'n that...".

I may be doing her an injustice. She might be a born again Christian with an OU degree and an urge to live a life of quiet atonement, but I somehow doubt it.

Exactly the same mental images here.

Latest Threads