Arthur Labinjo-Hughes - How do we stop child abuse / neglect in the UK?

How do we stop child abuse / neglect in the UK?

• Stop foreign aid spend, put the money back into UK education, health, social services, etc

Votes: 65 69.1%
  • Anyone wanting to be a parent needs to pass a mandatory training and education course in parenting

Votes: 38 40.4%
  • People with drug / alcohol addictions are prohibited from having a child

Votes: 60 63.8%
  • People with criminal records of 'high tariff' crimes are prohibited from having a child

Votes: 37 39.4%
  • Raise taxes to increase spend to education, health, social services, etc

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • A mentor for every child - every child has a mentor until they are 18 as a point of support etc

Votes: 9 9.6%

• Total voters
[]
Sadly I think it will take some time for my wife and I to 'unsee' the video footage of the frail boy from the day before his murder and his sad sad cry of "no one loves me"... poor lad.

I do hope his murderes are aware of the huge public outrage at the crime and sympathy for Arthur - as evidenced by the number of large scale remembrances done in his name at football matches etc. It would be good to think that they are now feeling some of the contempt, anger and hatred directed towards them.

While both are utterly vile I think the father carries marginally more of the blame - the slut-bitch killed the boy but the father encouraged it and should have been the boys protector.

I've been lying awake at night thinking about this - the footage of him, helpless and alone with the full knowledge that he had no way out, really is harrowing. The worst part is wondering how many other children are experiencing this and knowing that it is usually only by their deaths that the authorities become aware.

The human race can be so utterly shit at times.
[/QUOTE]
Elements of it can be.
The vast majority are decent people as seen by their reaction to this event.
That is as far as I can go on this, I really do not see any solution which is not as bad as the problem
I seem to recall 25 years ago the Social Services went over the top in removing children who they thought were in danger and this caused a lot of heartbreak as well.
However getting rid of useless self serving managers would be a start.
But how?

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
Netflix have a series on - The Trials of Gabriel Fernández, which covers similar ground. It isn't for the faint-hearted though. It shows how social services failed to act time and again when the evidence was clear.

Didn't someone come up with something along the lines that the best form of government is benign dictatorship tempered with assassination to maintain focus?

Could be a place for it here. Don't perform to spec, let things get away from you and you'll need to be bloody careful flushing the bog or brushing your teeth. Currently there seems to be a system of sideways shuffling and lavish reward for piss poor performance.

Didn't someone come up with something along the lines that the best form of government is benign dictatorship tempered with assassination to maintain focus?

Could be a place for it here. Don't perform to spec, let things get away from you and you'll need to be bloody careful flushing the bog or brushing your teeth. Currently there seems to be a system of sideways shuffling and lavish reward for piss poor performance.
Yes that's the kidde.
Just can't think of his name.
Voltaire perhaps?

You are correct. I have deleted my post, as on reading it again it was a fatuous waste of pixels.

It wasn't a waste, it merely represents the depths of revulsion felt by ordinary decent people HT

As her indoors pointed out last night, how many times must we hear that inquiries will be held and lessons will be learnt?
How many more children have to die while the great and the good pontificate and prevaricate?

That we refuse to protect our weakest and most vulnerable in preference to protecting the rights of the guilty is a damning inditement on our weakness.

Hang them.

I'm not hysterically demanding "something must be done" I am categorically saying that capital punishment is the appropriate sanction for savages like this.

quilter

War Hero
Never has and never will be, from the Heidi Koseda murder 37 years ago up till now F-all has been learnt, only that the head sheds who should have been monitoring the affairs of the vulnerable, bug out, get a pension, then sue for defamation or unfair dismissal, or are hired by other equally inept social service department on other inherently incompetent corrupt councils, the whole bloody circus stinks. see post#73. Page 4
Way, way before that - remember the Maria Colwell case, eons ago and realistically nothing has changed, even today I can weep at the details, check her out and see what I mean.

I've proposed a petition on the UK Gov website asking Parliament to debate capital punishment for child murder.

Requires 5 people to support it which apparently I have to email the 5 a link to and get them to register support
If anyone want to be one of those 5 feel free to PM me an email address and I'll send the relevant bits out

Way, way before that - remember the Maria Colwell case, eons ago and realistically nothing has changed, even today I can weep at the details, check her out and see what I mean.

Wiki says that he only got 8 years for manslaughter for kicking a child to death (after starving her) which was halved on appeal and he probably was released well before the 4 year point.

I've proposed a petition on the UK Gov website asking Parliament to debate capital punishment for child murder.

Requires 5 people to support it which apparently I have to email the 5 a link to and get them to register support
If anyone want to be one of those 5 feel free to PM me an email address and I'll send the relevant bits out

I favour using the Viking Blood Eagle, rather than the slightly too efficient hanging method.

I favour using the Viking Blood Eagle, rather than the slightly too efficient hanging method.

I'm easy, I'm a traditionalist so prefer hanging but I'm not set in stone about it.

I do genuinely believe it is time the debate is had though. Do we value the rights of children to live over the rights of child murderers? Or do we think the killers life is sacrosanct?

Actingunpaid

War Hero
Until councils start recruiting people by quality instead of quota these vile crimes will continue. The people, I use the term loosely, working in Social Services don't even have to answer to the public for their utter uselessness, hiding behind the poor sods in call centres. I have a relative working for the council concerned in the call centre who has been reduced to tears by the abuse, but cannot divert the calls.

Mr_Baiter

War Hero
My rational side is generally opposed to the death penalty. I am not often minded to think otherwise but such is the hatred for these two that I would like them to die. But I want there to be suffering that matches and exceeds what they did to the boy.

They too should be force fed salt, then starved, beaten, terrorised and tortured. Deprived of everything that enriches a life - no telly, books, radio or games, no compassion or conversation. No comfort in the form of heating, bedclothes or matress. This should take place over a period of time calculated by taking the period of Arthur's abuse and weighting it according to their ages - the same proportion of their lives should be in the same misery as they inflicted. At the end of that period, and it is important that they know all of this from the commencement of the sentence, they will have their brains dashed out on a wall by someone bigger and stronger than they.

This needs to be filmed on CCTV and shown to them alongside the footage of what they inflicted. Every day (twice actually) they must be reminded of what they have done and the eventual fate that awaits them. The person reminding them needs to be a psycho with a strong stomach because he needs to be enjoying it and they need to see the enjoyment.

On death they should be dropped into a wood chipper and fired into a pig trough - this also needs to be relayed to them every day.

*edited for angry typing - twice

Latest Threads