Arthur Labinjo-Hughes - How do we stop child abuse / neglect in the UK?

How do we stop child abuse / neglect in the UK?

• Stop foreign aid spend, put the money back into UK education, health, social services, etc

Votes: 66 66.7%
  • Anyone wanting to be a parent needs to pass a mandatory training and education course in parenting

Votes: 40 40.4%
  • People with drug / alcohol addictions are prohibited from having a child

Votes: 64 64.6%
  • People with criminal records of 'high tariff' crimes are prohibited from having a child

Votes: 40 40.4%
  • Raise taxes to increase spend to education, health, social services, etc

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • A mentor for every child - every child has a mentor until they are 18 as a point of support etc

Votes: 9 9.1%

• Total voters

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Just imagine being a member of the jury and having to sit through all of it without being able turn it off or tune out. It must have been horrifying.
I expect the jurors have been excused future jury service, and hope they have received professional help.

Ex father-in-law was traumatised by being a juror on a horrible rape case in the 1960s. He still had nightmares about it when I first met him in the 80s. But he didn't have to serve on another case.

My relative works in Glasgow. I can only repeat what she tells me. I am sure there are good grandparents, but one does have to ask how long this 'hereditary' inability to care properly for children has been going on.
Happy to concede I'm 50 and maybe your relative, is simply dealing with the modern era and my views are out of date. Because my parents as grandparents, are as useless to my son and if I died them getting my child would be an appalling thought, though my wifes parents are beyond lovely people.

hamper

Old-Salt
What gets me most is his awful awareness of his situation. I know it's hardly an isolated case but, well, shit.
Me too and I just can't get the poor chap out of my mind. I truly hope that this time lessons really will be learnt and more importantly acted upon.

Me too and I just can't get the poor chap out of my mind. I truly hope that this time lessons really will be learnt and more importantly acted upon.
Never has and never will be, from the Heidi Koseda murder 37 years ago up till now F-all has been learnt, only that the head sheds who should have been monitoring the affairs of the vulnerable, bug out, get a pension, then sue for defamation or unfair dismissal, or are hired by other equally inept social service department on other inherently incompetent corrupt councils, the whole bloody circus stinks. see post#73. Page 4

Last edited:

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Happy to concede I'm 50 and maybe your relative, is simply dealing with the modern era and my views are out of date. Because my parents as grandparents, are as useless to my son and if I died them getting my child would be an appalling thought, though my wifes parents are beyond lovely people.
As always, there are good and bad everywhere, but a grannies putting her granddaughter on the game is beyond reprehensible IMHO. Especially as said child has been put with her for safety!

Apparently at least two journalists walked out of the courtroom.
"You have been found guilty on all counts, and i am constrained to sentence you to a jail term, however, if it was left to common decency, and public abhorrence of your actions, i would have no hesitation having you removed from my court, taken to the nearest army fireing range, stood up in the butts and have you both shot" remove these animals from my court."

The above scenario is what should have happened, hopefully at some time in the future it will, and justice will be truly served.

Last edited:
Just imagine being a member of the jury and having to sit through all of it without being able turn it off or tune out. It must have been horrifying.
Ian not normally sensitive to news reports, but after reading about this case right back at the beginning of the trial i just had to switch off, my brain could not comprehend the sheer brutality and cruelty shown by these two creatures. I could not and would not read any more about it.
As to a punishment i am at a loss, certainly the death penalty would result in the removal of such scum from society.

I mentioned on another thread some time back that me and some mates at work came up with a pretty solid solution to a large number of the country’s woes.

Offer everyone a kilo of smack, coke, or half'n half, to get sterilised.

It’s really quite simple. All the smack addicts, alkies and scumbags would do it just for the cash, this obviously solves the problem of them ever having sprogs.

People who are desperate for the cash would also do it. Slightly controversial, but **** it, if you’re that desperate for cash then you are obviously gonna struggle to pay for nappies and baby food. This avoids any unfortunate accidents in the future.

And then normal people like me who already have kids and don’t want anymore, get a cheeky little bonus to put towards a holiday or whatever.

It’s a win win and because everyone is eligible for the payment, there are no human rights or equality issues. It’s entirely voluntary.

As an added bonus, most of the daft buggers would OD before they were halfway through.......

One of the biggest things that annoys me is that even if there is a suggestion something is untoward the authorities do nothing until something actually happens.
There were a series of nasty RTA,s along our road, then without any notice, a speed camera appeared, the same week traffic calming measures were built. Questioning this i was told that until 3 deaths are reported for one stretch of road, THEN something is done. I do not know how true this is. :(

Last edited:

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Ian not normally sensitive to news reports, but after reading about this case right back at the beginning of the trial i just had to switch off, my brain could not comprehend the sheer brutality and cruelty shown by these two creatures. I could not and would not read any more about it.
As to a punishment i am at a loss, certainly the death penalty would result in the removal of such scum from society.

I was surprised that the video / audio was so freely available on maintstream news. There were people complaining about it saying it shouldn't be available. Not sure if it's because it was actually quite traumatic listening to the wee lad or that because they are being forced to accept the reality of the world they live in.

I suppose to reference a popular movie quote, it doesn't get more red pilled than that.

Until we are in that particular position, I would say non of us can imagine. Most here have been in a few tight/dodgy situations which could be classed as harrowing, but what those people on the jury have just had to endure, I don’t think I could do it, and I hope they get what ever help they need to deal with the aftermath of what must of been an horrendous ordeal for them.

The wilful killing of a child should be a capital offence. Some crimes should simply result in the guilty party forfeiting the right to life.

Lots of people on this thread saying you can never prevent evil and to a degree I would agree with that.
Doesn't mean it is acceptable or forgiveable. The punishment has to equal the crime. Hang them both.

There were a series of nasty RTA,s along our road, then without any notice, a speed camera appeared, the same week traffic calming measures were built. Questioning this i was told that until 3 deaths are reported for one stretch of road, THEN something is done. I do not know how true this is. :(
Don't want to divert the thread, but in answer to your comment there are measures that that can be put in place after all other measures have been exhausted, but it has to be evidence based - not just because some residents complain about speeding cars. That evidence is that Fixed safety cameras can be installed where three or more people have been killed or seriously injured (KSI) in speed-related crashes, over a 1.5km stretch of road, in the three years prior to installation.

But that's got nothing to do with this poor lads pitifully sad end. I wasnt fully aware of the details of this case until this morning and picking this thread and then reading up on it. I confess that my wife and I were in tears this morning the more I found out. How disgusting some people can be. It's truly sickening. And even now the poor lad is not yet at rest as the 'family' is in dispute over his burial and so he is still in cold storage in some dark place at a Midlands hospital following his post-mortem.

What a God-awful way to end a young life. He should be remembered as the happy giggling boy in photos from a time when his life wasn't full of torture
NINTCHDBPICT000697787492-1.jpg

Sadly I think it will take some time for my wife and I to 'unsee' the video footage of the frail boy from the day before his murder and his sad sad cry of "no one loves me"... poor lad.

The wilful killing of a child should be a capital offence. Some crimes should simply result in the guilty party forfeiting the right to life.

Lots of people on this thread saying you can never prevent evil and to a degree I would agree with that.
Doesn't mean it is acceptable or forgiveable. The punishment has to equal the crime. Hang them both.
could not agree more, the dumb tag put down by a fellow arrser is just that dumb, these two creatures deserve to swing.

[]
Sadly I think it will take some time for my wife and I to 'unsee' the video footage of the frail boy from the day before his murder and his sad sad cry of "no one loves me"... poor lad.
[/QUOTE]

I do hope his murderes are aware of the huge public outrage at the crime and sympathy for Arthur - as evidenced by the number of large scale remembrances done in his name at football matches etc. It would be good to think that they are now feeling some of the contempt, anger and hatred directed towards them.

While both are utterly vile I think the father carries marginally more of the blame - the slut-bitch killed the boy but the father encouraged it and should have been the boys protector.

I've been lying awake at night thinking about this - the footage of him, helpless and alone with the full knowledge that he had no way out, really is harrowing. The worst part is wondering how many other children are experiencing this and knowing that it is usually only by their deaths that the authorities become aware.

The human race can be so utterly shit at times.

could not agree more, the dumb tag put down by a fellow arrser is just that dumb, these two creatures deserve to swing.

I'm long past worrying about what anybody else thinks, People can chuck dumb's around to their hearts content.

I absolutely believe that these two have forfeit their right to live.
That isn't internet bravado, its just a simple fact.
Keeping them alive does not mark us out as a civilised society, it simply proves that we value their lives above that of the 6 year old child they killed.