Art for 2012 Olympics

The 1948 Olympic poster by Walter Herz is iconic,it wouldn't take much to change the date,and it would still outshine the shite served up by these contemprary 'artists',and I use that word advisedly!

The Go,and Big Ben posters are the only ones,that have any merit at all,the others are just 'daubs',that took at most,a couple of hours to conceive,and carry out!

The Howard Hodgkin is particulalrly shite as well. I am not a shallow person but all the emotions I get from that are "blue paint" "mess" "lazy" "annoying" "how?... why?" "kill them" "watch your heart"
Hahahahaha that's the pile of arrse I was on about.

The 1948 Olympic poster by Walter Herz is iconic,it wouldn't take much to change the date,and it would still outshine the shite served up by these contemprary 'artists',and I use that word advisedly!

The Go,and Big Ben posters are the only ones,that have any merit at all,the others are just 'daubs',that took at most,a couple of hours to conceive,and carry out!
Beat me to it - far more appropriate. The majority of the modern efforts are an embarassment to this country. I am shite at photoshop etc, but this is the best I could come up with:

Attachments

Latest Threads