Arsse gets a mention in the papers again

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by jaybee2786, Mar 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fix bayonets!
  2. "Time and professional effort", "helping their education and preparing them for adult life" ?

I thought this was a teacher's comments?, surely some mistake...
  3. These teachers should remember that the only reason they have the right to speak out is because brave men and women have been prepared to serve their country to maintain that right.
  4. teachers! toss pots.
  5. What a cnut, must have failed his barb test!
  6. As has been said; if you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.
  7. Stefan Simms, a delegate from Ealing, West London, said, "I would be personally gutted....."

Mr Simms is obviously not an English teacher then.....must be the football coach using that kind of language. I'll bet he's sick as aparrot aswell.
    What chance have the pupils got with dross like that teaching them.
    At least the Army would give them a chance of learning something useful.
  8. "Years of professional effort" and they turn out kids with little self discipline and capable of only the most basic literacy.

Comments like this must surely anger those of you who spend you entire career in Her Majesty's Services.

It most certainly angers me and I was only a soldier for nine years and that a very long time ago.

Someone wrote "fix bayonets".............if only we could.
  9. I should have called Paul Mccnut a stalinist cnut, might have got me into the paper!
  10. What a patronising cnut!

And in breaking news, it has been discovered that the retail sector, banks and the catering industry also 'target' school pupils in an effort to get new recruits. :roll:
  11. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Well done on the comment you left for that article. Puts the case very well.
  12. hmm - just had a look at Ealing Gov thing, other gems from this bloke include:

"high temperatures had an adverse effect on teaching and learning"

"sharing good practice was a good idea"

He obviously a man with a razor sharp intellect and should be listened and agreed with by you mortals - so behave yourselves you lot ...................... :twisted: :
  13. My italics; is Sir also splitting his infinitives ?

Sir should be happy that his pupils are exercising the freedom to choose.
  14. Ah, Seadog,"splitting of infinitives". You have the advantage of me Sir! :D