Arsse gets a mention in the papers again

EX_STAB said:
Stefan Simms, a delegate from Ealing, West London, said, "I would be personally gutted after years of putting time and professional effort into the students I teach, helping their education and preparing them for adult life, to find out that some of them have said 'I decided to join the Army.'
Fix bayonets!
"Time and professional effort", "helping their education and preparing them for adult life" ?

I thought this was a teacher's comments?, surely some mistake...

These teachers should remember that the only reason they have the right to speak out is because brave men and women have been prepared to serve their country to maintain that right.

teachers! toss pots.

As has been said; if you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Stefan Simms, a delegate from Ealing, West London, said, "I would be personally gutted....."

Mr Simms is obviously not an English teacher then.....must be the football coach using that kind of language. I'll bet he's sick as aparrot aswell.
What chance have the pupils got with dross like that teaching them.
At least the Army would give them a chance of learning something useful.

"Years of professional effort" and they turn out kids with little self discipline and capable of only the most basic literacy.

Comments like this must surely anger those of you who spend you entire career in Her Majesty's Services.

It most certainly angers me and I was only a soldier for nine years and that a very long time ago.

Someone wrote "fix bayonets".............if only we could.

Stefan Simms, a delegate from Ealing, West London, said, "I would be personally gutted after years of putting time and professional effort into the students I teach, helping their education and preparing them for adult life, to find out that some of them have said 'I decided to join the Army.'
What a patronising cnut!

Another London delegate, Chris Kelly, said the Ministry of Defense was targeting school pupils because it was struggling to find enough young recruits.
And in breaking news, it has been discovered that the retail sector, banks and the catering industry also 'target' school pupils in an effort to get new recruits. :roll:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Filbert

Well done on the comment you left for that article. Puts the case very well.

hmm - just had a look at Ealing Gov thing, other gems from this bloke include:

"high temperatures had an adverse effect on teaching and learning"

"sharing good practice was a good idea"

He obviously a man with a razor sharp intellect and should be listened and agreed with by you mortals - so behave yourselves you lot ...................... :twisted: :

"I would be personally gutted after years of putting time and professional effort into the students I teach, helping their education and preparing them for adult life, to find out that some of them have said 'I decided to join the Army.'
My italics; is Sir also splitting his infinitives ?

Sir should be happy that his pupils are exercising the freedom to choose.

Seadog said:
"I would be personally gutted after years of putting time and professional effort into the students I teach, helping their education and preparing them for adult life, to find out that some of them have said 'I decided to join the Army.'
My italics; is Sir also splitting his infinitives ?

Sir should be happy that his pupils are exercising the freedom to choose.
Ah, Seadog,"splitting of infinitives". You have the advantage of me Sir! :D

Split infinitives, nae bovver. Try "to boldy go where no man has been before" immortalised by Star Trek many eons ago. Should be "to go boldy where no man has been before". But we all know that our glorious trans atlantic comrades in arms can't speak English proper, like what you and me does.

"This is the sort of bloody nonsense up with which I will not put.” Think that was Churchill, not sure if he was referring to prepositions or sth else.

My bold- "Watch and Shoot", "Watch and shoot"

Let’s see these people complain when there is nobody to

Empty there bins when the bin men are on strike
Cover ambulance strikes
Cover fire brigade strikes
Help out with floods or civil emergencies (out breaks of disease etc)
As well as defend there country

So really the armed forces are an insurance policy not just for war

They are there for you 24/7; they are not just there for political resolution.

so if you want them gone you have only yourself to blame, fascist cnuts

be grateful you have people who are willing to do a job your not prepared to do, sacficing there own rights so you have yours

utter utter t0ssers the lot of you

When I hear tell on the news of how many students leave school with only a basic level of literacy or cannot do basic mathematics, it fills me with confusion.

What has changed since I went to school? Admittedly, I had a few different types of teaching methods as I went to at least 7 differenct schools ( former pad brat ) but I still managed to leave secondary school with at least 2 A-Levels under my belt. What are these so called 'teachers' neglecting to do?

I helped a friends kiddie do long division not that long ago. Their teacher was making them work it out the extra long way ( plus having to write out all their workings ) , ie units, tens, hundreds, thousands etc etc which there was no need to do. This was as opposed to them actually using their brain and working it out. They did not do any times tables ( what is the point when you have a calculator?) plus their spelling was attrocious for a ten year old. They couldn't pronounce a word they hadn't seen before or even attempt to do so. I had been taught to do it pho-net-i-cal-ly ( in a simpson's stylie) or if you want to use the more/less fashionable term - phonics. I was pronouncing the same length words when I was in P3 ( 6 years old). I know I was because of my P3 teacher. I'll always remember her as she was my first teacher when I came to NI and I specifically remember doing really well at spelling because of her teaching me in that style.

Anyway, I digress. My point is that there are so many opportunities in the army. From making sure you have basic literacy to teaching you to be a CISCO engineer. There is the opportunity to travel, get qualifications and experience things. If this means having to go to Iraq or Afghanistan, we are proud to serve.

Someone should explain to these tree-hugging lefty idiots the difference between the government sending us to war and the job that we actually do. They haven't a clue what we do with the people out there ie rebuilding communities, for example.

Which do you think they would be more 'gutted' by - pupil X , studies hard at first then drifts away due to peer pressure. Leaves school at 16 with no qualifications, works at McDonalds but then leaves because it's too much like hard work, lives on benefits, 2 kids ( one more on the way). OR - Pupil Y, stuggles with work but tries hard. Leaves school with minimal qualifications. Joins the army at 16. At first, too young to deploy. Studies at AEC, get ECDL and retakes his GCSE Maths, when old enough, deploys to help with peace keeping, comes back, gets promoted .......do I need to go on?

At least they are making something of their lives as opposed to thinking the world owes them a living.