Arsenal-PC gone mad or what?

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by GRFC, Dec 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hypocritical, given they have on occasions fielded a team deviod of Brits!

2. Maybe the Old Firm should take note!?!?

3. I don't understand, why is national pride offensive to anyone?

4. Well we will now see what Arsenal fans are made of.

Will they fight the ban and do as they want

Or will they crumble and not fight and do what they are told

I think they will be on there toes like they always are :)

5. The old firm is a joke. On one side, you'll have a large section of Celtic fans waving Ireland flags and wearing Ireland tops. On the other side you'll have Rangers fans waving union jacks, red hands of ulster flags, England flags and some will wear England tops. The thing is, 99% of the people involved dont really care about the politics, they just do it to wind each other up. My brothers a prime example.

6. I don't think this ban is about the Union Flag , but more to do with some of the flags used by 'fans' visiting from Europe.

7. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

I heard it was the Middle Eastern flags causing offence to visiting Sp*rs fans.

8. With so many Frenchmen in the team, perhaps the flying of a white flag will make them all feel more at home.

9. I heard that it concerned the growing Russian fan base, and some of their more Left or right of centre leanings , and flags and banners associated with those leanings.

10. As a lifelong Gooner I can honestly say that I think this is f**king disgusting and the club management should be ashamed. The PC brigade strikes again!! It's embarrasing :pissed:

11. Aaaaahahahahaha :lol:

12. It all started when a Turkish flag caused some upset a few weeks ago. The Arsenal Independant Supporters Club are fighting the ban. It's not like the place is awash with flags anyway!!

13. The 'Turkish Cypriot' Flag was being flown - By the Club I believe

Petition against the excessive action by Arsenal and explanation of what happened can be found here :

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/flagsafc

Club statement - National flags at Emirates Stadium:

14. Turkish as in Turkey - it has stuff to do with trouble with Galatasaray fans at the UEFA Cup Final a few years ago in Paris.