Arrsers without avatars?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by SidSausage, Feb 5, 2009.

?
  1. 4. Paranoid about PERSEC

8.6%
  2. 3. Lurking journos

8.6%
  3. 2. Interweb biffs

36.2%
  4. 1. Mongs

25.0%
  5. 5. THEM!

21.6%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Standing-by for "Use the * search!" posts, but I can't help wondering why some registered Arrsers use the default avatar.

2. I would have said THEM but then you would know and it would breach my PERSEC. Which would make me a bit of a MONG. As it stands I have just made myself a target for LURKING JOURNO's which is annoying as I'm PARANOID ABOUT PERSEC.

I feel like a right INTERWEB BIFF now.

Thanks for feck all you cnut!

3. Can't be fcuked finding/making one and then uploading it?

4. B*ll*cks - should have thought of that one! :( :wink:

5. What about 'Really rather partial to the default one?'

6. Why :? :? :?

The bush hat hasn't been cut-down, and isn't flipped-up at the back! :p

7. Nice to see the Mongs winning something, at last....bless!!!

8. Here's a big one for you mate;
    [​IMG]

9. The default one is actually me (before the accident). My dad hated the way I looked when I was born, so he branded my face and stitched a hat onto my head. Last Rememberance Day I got mugged by an over zealous Sigs lance jack in Lime Street Station, and a Poppy got lodged in my face. Noduff.

10. I tried to post an avatar of me, I really did..but the monitor exploded and the keyboard melted..had to buy a new system..next time I tried, a trojan virus wiped my whole drive..not trying that again./..

11. Errrr
    To idle I suppose

12. Perhaps some people just don't Need an avatar.

13. Tried a few times to resize a piccie but in the end being a total techno-mong won over :-(

14. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Does it make a fcuking difference! Get a life.

15. An avatar's an egotistic, self-seeking sort of thing. It's like the flashy motor, the Gucci kit, the most expensive trainers and the latest touch-phone. We think it makes us look cool. It's a mask to hide behind if our words are rather lacking.

Or maybe it's something we want to share with others, to give them a laugh.

I guess, from what I've seen of Second Life, there are some good examples of the former on there.