Arrsers without avatars?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by SidSausage, Feb 5, 2009.

1. 4. Paranoid about PERSEC

2. 3. Lurking journos

3. 2. Interweb biffs

4. 1. Mongs

5. 5. THEM!

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Standing-by for "Use the * search!" posts, but I can't help wondering why some registered Arrsers use the default avatar.
  2. I would have said THEM but then you would know and it would breach my PERSEC. Which would make me a bit of a MONG. As it stands I have just made myself a target for LURKING JOURNO's which is annoying as I'm PARANOID ABOUT PERSEC.

I feel like a right INTERWEB BIFF now.

Thanks for feck all you cnut!
  3. Can't be fcuked finding/making one and then uploading it?
  4. B*ll*cks - should have thought of that one! :( :wink:
  5. What about 'Really rather partial to the default one?'
  6. Why :? :? :?

The bush hat hasn't been cut-down, and isn't flipped-up at the back! :p
  7. Nice to see the Mongs winning something, at last....bless!!!
  8. Here's a big one for you mate;
  9. The default one is actually me (before the accident). My dad hated the way I looked when I was born, so he branded my face and stitched a hat onto my head. Last Rememberance Day I got mugged by an over zealous Sigs lance jack in Lime Street Station, and a Poppy got lodged in my face. Noduff.
  10. I tried to post an avatar of me, I really did..but the monitor exploded and the keyboard melted..had to buy a new time I tried, a trojan virus wiped my whole drive..not trying that again./..
  11. Errrr
    To idle I suppose
  12. Perhaps some people just don't Need an avatar.

13. Tried a few times to resize a piccie but in the end being a total techno-mong won over :-(
  14. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Does it make a fcuking difference! Get a life.
  15. An avatar's an egotistic, self-seeking sort of thing. It's like the flashy motor, the Gucci kit, the most expensive trainers and the latest touch-phone. We think it makes us look cool. It's a mask to hide behind if our words are rather lacking.

Or maybe it's something we want to share with others, to give them a laugh.

I guess, from what I've seen of Second Life, there are some good examples of the former on there.