Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Arrsers self taken photo collection.

Was that a super zoom camera you used to get that close?
Canon 400mil F5.6 L series. Wife got it for me for my birthday. Love it. Trouble is that my other lenses are just not good enough now. I have a 2x extender for it as well ,though its not a canon one. It's good but only works on manual focus. Didn't use the extender for those shots as the birds don't hang around long enough for pissing about with focusing. Good for moon shots though.

Canon 400mil F5.6 L series. Wife got it for me for my birthday. Love it. Trouble is that my other lenses are just not good enough now. I have a 2x extender for it as well ,though its not a canon one. It's good but only works on manual focus. Didn't use the extender for those shots as the birds don't hang around long enough for pissing about with focusing. Good for moon shots though.
Fantastic! Lovely pro quality lens.

Does too! :razz:

I guess photo's are like art; very subjective in their viewing. I see far more complex & interesting points in yours.
Well thanks, but my pics are just random. Anything you see in them is purely by chance. I'm still learning though. Nothing better to do just now!

Does too! :razz:

I guess photo's are like art; very subjective in their viewing. I see far more complex & interesting points in yours.
Both photos capture interesting skies but each is different. I like both. @Deleted 146133 has illuminated clouds which have an impression of movement. You have rim lighting where the cloud appears dark by contrast. This highlights the ray effect from behind the cloud. Your landscape is interesting, as although the sky is the subject I then get to appreciate the hill, the land and trees. There is more to your photo than you think. :)

Random moth spotted before going to bed!
333.jpg

I ran out for some shopping this evening. Color me surprised to find this on the way out.

IMG_1341.JPG

IMG_2286.JPG

IMG_8196.JPG

As best as I can tell, I think it's a model A in damn-near original, unrestored state. It's probably 90 years old.