Arrsers self taken photo collection.

For those shots, you really, really should be well paid :)

It should be more, but I'm happy with what I get.

Those night races are pretty easy too; it's the 100 mile ultra marathons that kill me.

And the thing is, when I complain I'm sleep deprived and knackered, no-one gives a flying duck; they're all too wrapped up in their own petty suffering.

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer
IMG_20211204_071925.jpg
IMG_20211204_071944.jpg

High tide on the Estuary this morning.

Daz

LE
It should be more, but I'm happy with what I get.

Those night races are pretty easy too; it's the 100 mile ultra marathons that kill me.

And the thing is, when I complain I'm sleep deprived and knackered, no-one gives a flying duck; they're all too wrapped up in their own petty suffering.
That's when Mr Tripwire becomes your friend :)

Okay, I didn't take the original, but I photographed a copy of the original and tried my hand at restoring it a bit.

The guy with a Swastika is the father of a neighbour. He was a PoW in England, met an English lass, and after the war married her. The others are his mum, his granny, and Opa. The photo was taken about 1938 and he was in the Hitler Yoof.

I'm not much cop with photoshop, but I did have a go:

Original.jpg
untitled-1-2.jpg

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Okay, I didn't take the original, but I photographed a copy of the original and tried my hand at restoring it a bit.

The guy with a Swastika is the father of a neighbour. He was a PoW in England, met an English lass, and after the war married her. The others are his mum, his granny, and Opa. The photo was taken about 1938 and he was in the Hitler Yoof.

I'm not much cop with photoshop, but I did have a go:

View attachment 620369View attachment 620370
Is her Name Sarah ?

odd that
I know a lass lives near you and her Father was German Military, ended up working as a potter at, Prinknash

This guy was a nurse, now retired.

I think quite a few German PoWs stayed on in the UK after the war and given that we had a PoW camp close by and lots of farms, there's probably a higher than average rate of 'em in the Chepstow area.

We had an infamous one in North Shields who was the local barber; Rudy Seiber.

I just googled the guy; I knew he had to be on the internet somewhere:

He was proper mental; always shouting, joking, and spraying hairdressing products on kids in his shop. He wasn't arsed; I remember my eyes burning from something he sprayed in my face (he wasn't a paedophile).

He shot his friend 'by accident' with a shotgun while out hunting. There was lots of speculation that it wasn't actually an accident.

NSP

LE
It was water with foam at the waterline.

It always surprises me how much the sea and wind moves the sand around day by day.
Look at Chesil Beach - seventeen miles of pebbles, all sorted by size by the sea as you make you way east.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
received_644015316595113.jpeg
received_603297697546099.jpeg
received_332336288339561.jpeg

Latest Threads