Arrsers self taken photo collection.

Canada Geese flying in today.
2021-09-17 019(1).jpg
2021-09-17 021(1).jpg
2021-09-17 022(1).jpg
eese flying in today

NSP

LE
Had a spin around Cobbaton Combat Collection on me hollibobs last week. It's come on a bit since my dad took me there almost forty years ago - three sheds instead of one now, but still a bit rag-bag. Mind you, some of the "rubbish" and odds n' sods of kit they've got making the interiors of things like the Universal Carrier look untidy are probably more indicative of the state of the thing in theatre than the clean, tidy examples at Bovington.

These were all over the shop when I first went there. Now there's just this one, at the start of the route around the sheds.
North Devon 2021-09_130.jpg

Look familiar but with a certain something missing? Aye - it's a FV432. Only it's not; it's the FV432 prototype - with the clutch and freewheel gearbox and propensity to spin on the spot and flatten anyone stood next to it if the driver wasn't paying attention and rested his foot on the loud pedal when in neutral...
North Devon 2021-09_131.jpg

A bit of Argy-bargy...
North Devon 2021-09_205.jpg
North Devon 2021-09_206.jpg
North Devon 2021-09_208.jpg
North Devon 2021-09_209.jpg

D

Deleted 15653

At least the Argies got to keep the radio in their jeep. When our brand new Land Rover spat out its gearbox on SPTA circa 1999, the local dealer who had to fix it as it was under warranty laughed as he told us of the hours he'd spent removing radios from a batch that had come for their pre delivery inspection. They were supposed to be supplied without but this batch had slipped through. Can't have t he common soldiery enjoying music on the drive from unit to exercise area after all.

Wor Little Un's birthday today. I wanted to take everyone out for a meal but she wanted to slob in the house and have me make her favourite dinner.

She's awkward like that.

But we all love gyoza 'pot stickers', fried-steamed-fried, to give them a crunchy bit, but still soft.

I liked the way the light was hitting them.

Served with Japanese rice and a cucumber salad.

untitled-1.jpg

untitled-2.jpg

untitled-3.jpg

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer
Wor Little Un's birthday today. I wanted to take everyone out for a meal but she wanted to slob in the house and have me make her favourite dinner.

She's awkward like that.

But we all love gyoza 'pot stickers', fried-steamed-fried, to give them a crunchy bit, but still soft.

I liked the way the light was hitting them.

Served with Japanese rice and a cucumber salad.

View attachment 604974

View attachment 604980

View attachment 604981
Be round your place for scoff tomorrow then..

At least the Argies got to keep the radio in their jeep. When our brand new Land Rover spat out its gearbox on SPTA circa 1999, the local dealer who had to fix it as it was under warranty laughed as he told us of the hours he'd spent removing radios from a batch that had come for their pre delivery inspection. They were supposed to be supplied without but this batch had slipped through. Can't have t he common soldiery enjoying music on the drive from unit to exercise area after all.
Would never do. My admin wagon had a hole where the radio was supposed to be installed in a civvy spec vehicle.
M880 without cover.jpg

Daz

LE
Llandaff Cathedral Open Doors 2021 - Canon
IMG_09430test.jpg
IMG_09432test.jpg
IMG_09435test.jpg
IMG_09437test.jpg
IMG_09442test.jpg
IMG_09447test.jpg
IMG_09452test.jpg
IMG_09457test.jpg
IMG_09462test.jpg
IMG_09464test.jpg
IMG_09465test.jpg
IMG_09467test.jpg
IMG_09468test.jpg
IMG_09470test.jpg
IMG_09472test.jpg
IMG_09475test.jpg
IMG_09482test.jpg
IMG_09488test.jpg

Daz

LE
Needs some sandals

_DSC1404test.jpg

Alt
_DSC1404test_1.jpg

Pleasant day on the Isle of Wight yesterday. Despite the escapees from the IOW Festival at Newport, Ryde Sands was almost deserted just before Low Water.

Looking north towards Dog Shit City Portsmouth, the Spinnaker Tower can be seen towards the left.

And about a third of the way from the right, in the blue bit which he assumed was deep water, is the heeled-over yacht of a sailor who has a lengthy wait to be re-floated by the incoming tide...............

2021 Ryde Sands yacht aground Sep 18.jpg

shiny

Old-Salt
Very nice photo, I am thinking of doing some night stuff, just got to get around to it. Did you just put in the figures and snap away.

I see what could be an plane flying in the bottom right corner of the sky, so maybe a couple of seconds exposure.
Yes, I just put in the figures and snapped a few compositions. I will experiment more next time. There was a big plane streak across the middle that I cloned out.

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer
We only went up towards West Looe, {opposite side of the river to the town}
The town and beach was packed with Emmets, main car pack nearly full
not safe yet:)
And this is why I go to Cornwall out of season usually. Nice and quiet with a distinct lack of self entitled feckwits.

anglo

LE
And this is why I go to Cornwall out of season usually. Nice and quiet with a distinct lack of self entitled feckwits.
A lot of the hotels down here are fully booked up for the rest of the year, but that could change
as overseas holidays are opening up again,
A lot of people have moved down to Cornwall, the quiet winters are now a thing of the past.

Latest Threads