Arrsers self taken photo collection.

15A737BF-8ADD-4F8F-83A2-F578F12CF9C4.jpeg
Broadstairs

I guessed that bus photo might bring the spotters out.

As I took it a bloke tapped me on the shoulder and said:

"That's an RML, it has the extra window in the top which allowed them to add two extra seats"

He then nodded at me a couple of times and happily wandered away along the promenade.
Dressed no doubt in Khakis, Tweed jacket with elbow patches, and flat cap. :-D

Waldeck

War Hero
Both these Barns are "Kit" Barns, they were ordered from a catalog and assembled on site by the farmer.

1st one is now used for weddings and gig's and was ordered from Sears Roebuck.

BOB_3991z.jpg
BOB_3995z.jpg
BOB_4003z.jpg

2nd one is a hay barn with horse stalls on lower level. Not sure what catalog it was from, but not sears. Farmer says it is about 80 years old.

BOB_4027z.jpg
BOB_4036z.jpg
BOB_4045z.jpg

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Both these Barns are "Kit" Barns, they were ordered from a catalog and assembled on site by the farmer.

1st one is now used for weddings and gig's and was ordered from Sears Roebuck.

View attachment 603834View attachment 603835View attachment 603836

2nd one is a hay barn with horse stalls on lower level. Not sure what catalog it was from, but not sears. Farmer says it is about 80 years old.

View attachment 603837View attachment 603838View attachment 603839
I was told that for many years, there were more copies of the Sears Catalogue in peoples houses than the bible !
I looked at an old one in a museum, you could order a small cottage or a big house, or even a house, then later on an extension

Waldeck

War Hero
I was told that for many years, there were more copies of the Sears Catalogue in peoples houses than the bible !
I looked at an old one in a museum, you could order a small cottage or a big house, or even a house, then later on an extension
I just ordered one, 1897, one careful owner, Ebay. :cool: $18.00, free shipping just to see what it is all about.

Latest Threads