Arrsers self taken photo collection.

Waldeck

War Hero
I changed the sensor on my camera, there is dust spots on it now, {not due to the change}
but I'm not stripping it again:rolleyes:, I just clone the dust spots to remove them
How did you change the sensor. Now that would scare the crap out of me. Cleaning the sensor is about the only real down side to digital, don't think dust or shutter grease was thought about "In the Olden Days".

IMG-20210724-WA0000.jpg

anglo

LE
How did you change the sensor. Now that would scare the crap out of me. Cleaning the sensor is about the only real down side to digital, don't think dust or shutter grease was thought about "In the Olden Days".
The sensor is easy to change, you just have to remember to clean the new one, just
before you're ready to fit it, the sensor is held by three screws, these are fitted with
small locking springs, the screws are not tightened down fully, so you have to count
the turns of each screw, from the "set" position to fully screwed in, when
the sensor is refitted, the screws have to wound out to this "set" position,
or the focus is out.
If the zoom lens packs up on a compact, throw the camera in the bin,
all the other bits can be changed

Daz

LE

Daz

LE
Looks painful ... fortunately you were wearing the correct headgear ... for mopping up the Claret .
Yep, lucky that, however I should have worn a full wetsuit, seeing as I ended up to my neck in water

Waldeck

War Hero
The sensor is easy to change, you just have to remember to clean the new one, just
before you're ready to fit it, the sensor is held by three screws, these are fitted with
small locking springs, the screws are not tightened down fully, so you have to count
the turns of each screw, from the "set" position to fully screwed in, when
the sensor is refitted, the screws have to wound out to this "set" position,
or the focus is out.
If the zoom lens packs up on a compact, throw the camera in the bin,
all the other bits can be changed
Thats interesting, I was thinking soldering iron, Hammer, Chisel, that sort of thing.

Daz

LE

Daz

LE
Henllys Lime Kilns
_DSC3532test.JPG
_DSC3535test.JPG
_DSC3539test.JPG
_DSC3542test.JPG
_DSC3545test.JPG
_DSC3556test.JPG
_DSC3562test.JPG
_DSC3568test.JPG
_DSC3578test.JPG
_DSC3592test.JPG
_DSC3596test.JPG
_DSC3605test.JPG
IMG_08522test.JPG
IMG_08531test.JPG
IMG_08535test.JPG
IMG_08539test.JPG
IMG_08552test.JPG

964ST

LE
Yep, lucky that, however I should have worn a full wetsuit, seeing as I ended up to my neck in water
Wet suit (bits) did not do Burt Reynolds any good and Wales is much trickier, surprised you did not get a blast of Joe Biden on the Banjo

edit:- Burt mis spelled

Last edited:
Had a day trip to the North Island with Mrs Wightsparker on Thursday. Had lunch at pleasant fish cafe/restaurant overlooking Stokes Bay between Gosport and Lee-on-Solent.

On the outward trip, leaving East Cowes on the Red Funnel car ferry, I noticed the Cowes floating bridge working. This vessel - Floating Bridge No 6 - has been a bone of contention since being brought into service in 2017. It has been frequently out of service for various reasons, but nobody appears to want to take responsibility. Some have dubbed it "Floaty McFloatface"......

Anyway, it was a nice, sunny day and the floating bridge WAS working. Slight imperfections in the image give away the fact that I was taking the picture through the lounge glazing. The picture is looking south up the River Medina, with the old J Samuel White shipyard on the right. The old hammerhead crane is still standing.

2021 Floating Bridge July 22.jpg

Latest Threads