Arrsers self taken photo collection.

Daz

LE
Worked out why some of the shots were coming out blurred when using the viewfinder, it's got a separate focus point setup.........................duhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Just need to solve the problem of a blind bugger using the viewfinder now
IMG_039903.jpg

Daz

LE

Daz

LE
I'm editing some pics I took for a friend who has just started up a sports massage buisiness. I've known her for nearly 20 years and she was a hot chick in her day; very fit, slim and attractive.

Time's taking it's toll on all of us though.

I like contrasty and moody (1st pic), but I think the tone's got to be light, low contrast, and airy (2nd pic):

IMG_4996.jpg

IMG_4976.jpg

NSP

LE
I'm editing some pics I took for a friend who has just started up a sports massage buisiness. I've known her for nearly 20 years and she was a hot chick in her day; very fit, slim and attractive.

I like contrasty and moody (1st pic), but I think the tone's got to be light, low contrast, and airy (2nd pic):

View attachment 583065

View attachment 583066
Well, she can massage me any time.

Erm, does she do a happy finish...?

I quite like this one too, considering this kind of stuff isn't my usual genre.

IMG_5008.jpg

The lass she's working on is in her 50s, but still has a canny set of pins on her.

They both do a lot of trekking in the Himalayas. The lass doing the massaging works for a buisiness that does adventure holidays and Niki does the Nepalese expeditions (for over 20 years now), but Covid, which is why she's currently doing the massaging stuff.

Waldeck

War Hero

View attachment 583065

View attachment 583066
Nice photos, was the lens a 28/35mm. Over here there is good money to be made taking real estate photos for Realters. It's a lot of post work though.

Nice photos, was the lens a 28/35mm. Over here there is good money to be made taking real estate photos for Realters. It's a lot of post work though.

I used two cameras, one full frame, one crop sensor. On the full frame I used a 40mm and 28mm. On the crop sensor I used a 10-18mm cheap (but very good) wide angle zoom.

I've thought about doing estate agents photography; it would fit with what I do already (I'm self emp and have a fairly flexible routine). I might look into it.

I quite like post-processing images too; I do a lot of it; often because what comes out of my camera isn't great.

View attachment 583065

View attachment 583066
Oohh.. I appear to have developed a twinge in my lower back..

Daz

LE

Waldeck

War Hero
I used two cameras, one full frame, one crop sensor. On the full frame I used a 40mm and 28mm. On the crop sensor I used a 10-18mm cheap (but very good) wide angle zoom.

I've thought about doing estate agents photography; it would fit with what I do already (I'm self emp and have a fairly flexible routine). I might look into it.

I quite like post-processing images too; I do a lot of it; often because what comes out of my camera isn't great.
I did it for a short while, filling in for a friend when he got over loaded, he now has a young guy helping him who will go on his own no doubt once he learns the ropes.

Back in October I photographed a vet friend's pack of rescue dogs; one of them was Wafi, a sad greyhound - terrified of everything - that came in a bag of bones and with what was suspected to be cigarette burns.

This one:

122566973_3381897468571869_3276073708247503652_n.jpg

Today, Wafi ran 40 miles, non-stop:

2021-06-17_14-14_The Benefits of Sports.jpg

I'm not that arsed with the South Wales Traverse; it's not a record many go for to be honest.

Wafi's the star here.

Edited to add:

Another story I remember being told about Wafi was that everytime he received food, he'd grab it and run and try and bury it in the garden. The vet thought Wafi was kept with other dogs who would attack each other over food, but this made putting weight on Wafi difficult because at feeding times, instead of eating he'd be terrified and he'd do the 'grab and bury' thing.

Note, I might be confusing Wafi with one of her other dogs here.

Last edited:

I post-process every photo I take in Photoshop 2021, my daily 'camera' is a Samsung Galaxy Note9 phone set to 16:9 at 4032x2268, it saves both RAW and JPEG images. I take 99.9% of my photos with it, using a £10 Ebay tripod if needed.

I have a cheapo (£200) SONY Cyber-shot DSC-HX60B for when I need more than 10x zoom.

Hastings Inshore Rescue Boat going out on Saturday afternoon.

6 (3).jpg

Waldeck

War Hero
I post-process every photo I take in Photoshop 2021, my daily 'camera' is a Samsung Galaxy Note9 phone set to 16:9 at 4032x2268, it saves both RAW and JPEG images. I take 99.9% of my photos with it, using a £10 Ebay tripod if needed.

I have a cheapo (£200) SONY Cyber-shot DSC-HX60B for when I need more than 10x zoom.

Hastings Inshore Rescue Boat going out on Saturday afternoon.

View attachment 583248

It is amazing what phone camera's and pro post processing can do. I was at a family party about 10 years ago and was talking to a family friend. He was was showing me photo's he had in an up scale photo show in New York of fire hydrants. I said I didn't know he was a photographer, he said he wasn't he just took photos on his phone gave them to a friend who had some pro software. The photos were good and had been blown up to a good size.

Last edited:
It is amazing what phone camera's and pro post processing can do. I was at a family party about 10 years ago and was talking to a family friend. He was was showing me photo's he had in an up scale photo show in New York of fire hydrants. I said I didn't know he was a photographer, he said he wasn't he just took photos on his phone gave them to a friend who had some pro software. The photos were good and had been blown up to a good size.

Phone camera specs are pretty good now, my Samsung Note9 actually has 2x12MP rear cameras. One rear camera is 26mm Wide angle with 12MP 1/2.55" sensor (1.4 µm pixel size), F1.7 and OIS. The other is 2x Tele with 12MP 1/3.6" sensor (1.0 µm pixel size), F2.4 and OIS. Plus an 8MP / F1.7 1/3.6" sensor front camera.

I have little in the way of photographer skills, but I can always see the image or scene I want to capture, I let the phone auto-focus and I'll take a few shots. For moving shots the phone has a burst shot facility which nearly always captures a couple of good images.

My actual skill is with Photoshop which I have been using for over twenty years, almost daily.

I discard at least 95% of the photos I take upon viewing them on a monitor.

This was an in-focus, but wonky and overblown photo of a sunset, taken from Hastings Pier a few weeks ago, a couple of minutes processing in Photoshop and it came out quite well.

4 (5).jpg

Daz

LE
Bloody rich bastards using photoshop

Waldeck

War Hero
Good luck with your Photography, I for one like looking at your stuff. I must say I just can't get over how much they cram into a phone now days, when I remember enlarging Black and white photos and all the tricks we used.