P1690375.jpg
P1690381.jpg
P1690382.jpg
P1690388.jpg
P1690391.jpg

Waldeck

War Hero
Hope no one is eating?

Went back to see if the eagle was at the dear site, found these guys.

DSC_9908.jpg
DSC_9913.jpg
DSC_9915.jpg
DSC_9917.jpg
DSC_9918.jpg

Daz

LE

Daz

LE
Sgwd Isaf Clun-gwyn 17.06.2021
_DSC89733.jpg
_DSC89793.jpg
_DSC90133.jpg
IMG_046403.jpg
IMG_046723.jpg
IMG_046753.jpg
IMG_046803.jpg
IMG_046813.jpg
IMG_046933.jpg
_DSC89753 (Custom).jpg
_DSC90093 (Custom).jpg
_DSC90163 (Custom).jpg

Waldeck

War Hero
A shallow depth of field is normal in macro photography. Something to do with physics (I'm a Geordie so obviously can't explain why).

A way around it is to use a tripod and take multiple exposures with your focus in different points and the magic of photoshop will combine the images to give you one with a greater depth of field.

You've done a decent job though.
I re-read your post as I was looking at an article on Focus Stacking and understand what you were talking about now. I am looking at a Nikon D850 which has this feature, just have to talk nice to the wife now. :rolleyes:

I re-read your post as I was looking at an article on Focus Stacking and understand what you were talking about now. I am looking at a Nikon D850 which has this feature, just have to talk nice to the wife now. :rolleyes:

All DSLRs can focus stack. Even the cheapest. Just position your camera on a tripod, adjust your focus so that you're focusing on the near part of your image, and 'click'.

Then move the focus point a little further into your image 'click'.

Rinse and repeat 3, 4 or maybe even 5 times.

Stack them in photoshop.

My £60 Canon 450D could do it.

Daz

LE
All DSLRs can focus stack. Even the cheapest. Just position your camera on a tripod, adjust your focus so that you're focusing on the near part of your image, and 'click'.

Stack them in photoshop.

My eyesight can't :)

My inner Geordie struck last night; I googled the low tide timings and sunset and saw that they both coincided at 2130 hrs.

So I headed off down to Beachley to try some time lapse photography with my go pro. There's a tidal island at Beachley so I picked my way carefully over the seaweed, saw the tide wasn't fully out, so set up my go pro on a small tripod on a rock by the ebbing tide and left it there to take photos with my DSLR.

About half an hour later I see the water right upto my go pro so had to walk into the knee-deep water to retrieve it. To make matters worse, when I got home I tried to delete the JPEG files and keep just the RAW and this somehow corrupted the time lapse images I took, so I had nothing to gain from wet feet and a bollocking from the missis.

I must've read the tide-timings wrong.

Got these on the main camera though:

IMG_4952-HDR.jpg

IMG_4967-HDR.jpg

Daz

LE
Sgwd Isaf Clun-gwyn 17.06.2021 P2
_DSC89713.jpg
_DSC89743.jpg
_DSC89773.jpg
_DSC89813.jpg
_DSC90203.jpg
_DSC89853 (Custom).jpg
_DSC89913 (Custom).jpg
_DSC90033 (Custom).jpg
_DSC90043 (Custom).jpg
_DSC90103 (Custom).jpg

My inner Geordie struck last night; I googled the low tide timings and sunset and saw that they both coincided at 2130 hrs.

So I headed off down to Beachley to try some time lapse photography with my go pro. There's a tidal island at Beachley so I picked my way carefully over the seaweed, saw the tide wasn't fully out, so set up my go pro on a small tripod on a rock by the ebbing tide and left it there to take photos with my DSLR.

About half an hour later I see the water right upto my go pro so had to walk into the knee-deep water to retrieve it. To make matters worse, when I got home I tried to delete the JPEG files and keep just the RAW and this somehow corrupted the time lapse images I took, so I had nothing to gain from wet feet and a bollocking from the missis.

I must've read the tide-timings wrong.

Got these on the main camera though:

View attachment 582483

View attachment 582484
Not being funny but..

You stupid cnut!
And you know why as well.

Waldeck

War Hero

Stack them in photoshop.

Yes that would have to be done in controlled conditions were the subject is still. In the field with the wind etc. things are a bit different. Some cameras I think you can set say 11 focus points and it shots all 11 points on Silent mode or maybe a mirrorless camera electric shutter. Anywho its on the back burner for now.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
20210616_133150.jpg

Am sure that some would find this exciting, I think it looks shite.
Especially on single track roads in the Highlands rather than across a US desert highway.

Daz

LE

Ex_crab

Old-Salt
Just about to walk these 3 hooligans. The Yorkie we inherited when MiL went into care, the Cockerpoo is totally insane and the Lab is Bomber, the pub dog from The Dambusters Inn in Scampton village.
IMG_20210612_095647.jpg