Arrsers self taken photo collection.

The ruin of Old St Helen’s Church in Hastings, almost a thousand years old.

5 (3).jpg

View attachment 582113
Brixham in Devon yesterday evening.
Excellent Pic ... what I really enjoy about such photographs is the capture of a sky / sunset which will never , exactly , exist again ... you happened to be in the right place at the right time .
Whatever camera is used the real experience of such moments is never truly captured .... how does it go .... " You had to be there " .

Waldeck

War Hero
Hope no one is eating?

Went back to see if the eagle was at the dear site, found these guys.

DSC_9908.jpg
DSC_9913.jpg
DSC_9915.jpg
DSC_9917.jpg
DSC_9918.jpg

Daz

LE

Daz

LE
Sgwd Isaf Clun-gwyn 17.06.2021
_DSC89733.jpg
_DSC89793.jpg
_DSC90133.jpg
IMG_046403.jpg
IMG_046723.jpg
IMG_046753.jpg
IMG_046803.jpg
IMG_046813.jpg
IMG_046933.jpg
_DSC89753 (Custom).jpg
_DSC90093 (Custom).jpg
_DSC90163 (Custom).jpg

Waldeck

War Hero
A shallow depth of field is normal in macro photography. Something to do with physics (I'm a Geordie so obviously can't explain why).

A way around it is to use a tripod and take multiple exposures with your focus in different points and the magic of photoshop will combine the images to give you one with a greater depth of field.

You've done a decent job though.
I re-read your post as I was looking at an article on Focus Stacking and understand what you were talking about now. I am looking at a Nikon D850 which has this feature, just have to talk nice to the wife now. :rolleyes:

I re-read your post as I was looking at an article on Focus Stacking and understand what you were talking about now. I am looking at a Nikon D850 which has this feature, just have to talk nice to the wife now. :rolleyes:

All DSLRs can focus stack. Even the cheapest. Just position your camera on a tripod, adjust your focus so that you're focusing on the near part of your image, and 'click'.

Then move the focus point a little further into your image 'click'.

Rinse and repeat 3, 4 or maybe even 5 times.

Stack them in photoshop.

My £60 Canon 450D could do it.

Daz

LE
All DSLRs can focus stack. Even the cheapest. Just position your camera on a tripod, adjust your focus so that you're focusing on the near part of your image, and 'click'.

Then move the focus point a little further into your image 'click'.

Rinse and repeat 3, 4 or maybe even 5 times.

Stack them in photoshop.

My £60 Canon 450D could do it.
My eyesight can't :)

My inner Geordie struck last night; I googled the low tide timings and sunset and saw that they both coincided at 2130 hrs.

So I headed off down to Beachley to try some time lapse photography with my go pro. There's a tidal island at Beachley so I picked my way carefully over the seaweed, saw the tide wasn't fully out, so set up my go pro on a small tripod on a rock by the ebbing tide and left it there to take photos with my DSLR.

About half an hour later I see the water right upto my go pro so had to walk into the knee-deep water to retrieve it. To make matters worse, when I got home I tried to delete the JPEG files and keep just the RAW and this somehow corrupted the time lapse images I took, so I had nothing to gain from wet feet and a bollocking from the missis.

I must've read the tide-timings wrong.

Got these on the main camera though:

IMG_4952-HDR.jpg

IMG_4967-HDR.jpg

Daz

LE
Sgwd Isaf Clun-gwyn 17.06.2021 P2
_DSC89713.jpg
_DSC89743.jpg
_DSC89773.jpg
_DSC89813.jpg
_DSC90203.jpg